PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever heard of "The Gift Assistant"?

alphamommy
06-28-2009, 12:46 PM
When we sold our house, our realtor gave us a gift card from "The Gift Assistant". I just tried to activate the card, and their website doesn't exist anymore. When I tried calling the toll free number, I got a message telling me about a chat line.

After doing some googling, it appears that The Gift Assistant, as such, got into some trouble. However, I also found a link to a website called "Instant Certificate" that appears to have taken over for The Gift Assistant. This website wants my name, e-mail address, etc., to allow me to access my gift card. I'm not comfortable doing this until I have some more info.

Does anyone know anything about any of this?

Thanks!

alphamommy
07-01-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm assuming that no one here has ever heard of this.

I did some more research, and discovered that the Ohio Attorney General's office filed suit/charges against this company's owner for not living up to their end of the bargain in terms of gift card deliveries. The case was settled last year.

I contacted the Ohio AG's office, and told them my story. They are sending forms to me to fill out. I'm not sure that I'll get anything out of it, but at least I let them know that someone else had problems with this company.

Just an update...

badkitty
07-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the update! I hope it works out for you.