PDA

View Full Version : free dining in dec?

last real pirate
06-28-2009, 10:20 AM
My sister got a flyer from disney offering free dining between Nov. 27th - Dec. 15th but i can not use it because you can't transfer the pin codes. Anybody else hear of any deals? My trip is Nov. 30th - Dec 5th.

ransam
06-28-2009, 10:37 AM
yea, my ex got one too and she sent it to me, but you have to have your name on it. when i called they said you had to be offered it and the offer was random.....all you can do is go to disney destinations...and sign up your email address and hope you get an offer....that's what i'm hoping for...

good luck.

PharmD
06-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I would imagine that the free dining will be offered to the general public for that time period soon. They have extended the booking period twice for the Aug.-Oct free dining. I would just keep my eyes open and see what happens. If they offer it you can call and get your reservations changed to the free dining plan.

luvdiznee
06-28-2009, 11:30 AM
This would be a dream come true for me, too. :mickey:

EyeLuvDisney
06-28-2009, 11:46 AM
We had the free dining plan booked for September. But, with a loss of income we decided to cancel. Our real hopewas for December and a FREE dining package.

So, last week we canceled our September package. Three days after canceling an answer to our prayers came in the mailbox. A flyer with a pin for the time we wanted to travel. December!!!

I have been to DW over thirty times in my life. Never in December. Now we are booked!!

So, now we have to save our pennies to pay I off

Now, I also have to repair my van as our timing belt broke on Friday.

pixiesmimi
06-28-2009, 05:30 PM
The pin code I got was for 8/23-10/1 and 11/29-12/17. You have to have your name attached to the pin number but you can call and see if there is a pin code attached to your name on file because some have done this and been successful. After they come out with pin codes for a while then they release it to the public, generally. Make your reservations through MJ and cross your fingers that they do this and MJ will change your reservations over.

last real pirate
06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
The pin code I got was for 8/23-10/1 and 11/29-12/17. You have to have your name attached to the pin number but you can call and see if there is a pin code attached to your name on file because some have done this and been successful. After they come out with pin codes for a while then they release it to the public, generally. Make your reservations through MJ and cross your fingers that they do this and MJ will change your reservations over.

Who do i call to find this out, MJ?

swampfox28
06-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I wish that it'd be for the dates we're going (Nov. 14-22), but I don't think it is.

And I'm being greedy, because we booked at a reduced pin-rate code on the room (30% off a moderate, I think...!)

Too bad we couldn't do both (if wishes were horses!!)

-Sarah

pixiesmimi
06-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Who do i call to find this out, MJ?

Just call the main booking number for Disney. They can tell you if there is a pin # attached to your name. Although I did see in another thread that they have stopped doing this. But it is worth a try. MJ might also be able to look and see if there is one with your name.

DANAM
06-29-2009, 07:55 PM
I got the same email. I was able to use it and saved a good bit.

I have tried using a PIN code addressed to my aunt but sent to my home address. No clue how Disney screwed that one up and they wouldn't let me. Told me even though it was my address the PIN was for her. I would trty MJ like others have suggested.

Mitzie
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
How does the free dining work if they let you do it. Is there a certain number nights you have to stay, or certain resorts...

1goofyfamily
06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
my mom & dad got this email pin too and we could book 3 rooms so we are all going 12/5-12/13 and for this one I think the requirement was a 3 night min stay. We had already planned on going and were just waiting for the discounts...didn't expect this one. They have a min # of rooms at each resort and when they are full they are full. The ASMusic family suites were already full for our stay and had looked at POR but went with ASMovies to save a bit more.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Just received the same pin code yesterday, probably won't use it though. Looks like you have to book at least a 4 night/5 day package with theme park tickets to get free dining.

Interesting thing was that as I relook at it, it's almost continuous from 8/23 - 12/17.

It appears that there is one rate from 8/23-10/1 and again 11/29 - 12/17 then a higher rate for 10/2-11/24.

If I'm reading it right, the only time free dining isn't offered is 11/25-11/28 and 12/18-31 which is obviously the Thanksgiving and Christmas peak times.

pixiesmimi
07-01-2009, 09:30 AM
That's the one I got. Don't know why it goes up the last section of days but figure it is because of Christmas and Thanksgiving. I don't think they have ever offered free dining during this time before have they? Mitzie, to get free dining you have to buy one of the packages they are offering with it at a resort on property. Sometimes you can do it just by buying one day tickets but have to reserve a resort room for certain time period. It is connected to the room reservations, not the tickets. Right now you have to be offered a pin number offer in your name by mail or email but I figure they will probably release it to the public soon, as they usually do. You can't stack discounts though. We are going during free dining in August but can't use it because we are using the 40% off military discount on our room and can't do the free dining along with it. But we are still saving more. I would definately be doing the free dining if we hadn't had this other discount.

Mitzie
07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks 'Pixiesmini' ! We are going in Dec. for six nights. Awhile back my DH got an e-mail with a pin code but when he called on it they said our stay was too short. Yesterday I got a flyer in the mail with a Pin in my name for this free dining going into Dec. I called Disney direct and we were able to apply it to our stay. We are doing three nights at AKL and three at CRB and we could use this pin on both! Saved us big $$$. Originally we were doing the deluxe plan on the CRB ressie because we had some 2 'ticket' places we wanted to do. Found out that we could still get free dining and just had to pay the difference on the deluxe plan. Still might go with the reg. plan and pay for some places out of pocket. We were just so excited to get the pin and have it work for our convaluted trip.:)