PDA

View Full Version : Kim Possible Missions in EPCOT

VolMickey
06-27-2009, 07:24 PM
We'd like to do the Kim Possible mission thing in Epcot this Fall with our DD. If you have done this, would you share some background on the process, where to get the communicators, time to complete it, etc? Thanks! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2009, 08:27 PM
DD (now 11) loved this!

In both Innovations East and West there is a "sign-up" location. It is super-simple, the CM's will help you swipe your park ticket and let them know how many people are in your group. You are then given a "Fast Pass" ticket with a return time and a location (such as the UK, Mexico, etc) in World Showcase.

When it is your "time" go to the location and you'll get your "Kimunicator" (a cell-phone!) The phone will walk you through solving the clues needed for your mission. It is fun, each mission (WS country) is about 20 minutes, and when you're done, you'll have the option to do another one, or be directed to the drop-off location.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

VolMickey
06-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Awesome! :thanks: Our DD is same age.

scootch713
06-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Awesome! :thanks: Our DD is same age.

That was my question, age of your child. We piloted it in November, my girls(just turned 9 adn 6)got bored very easily. We didn't even finish it. It is time consuming so plan for that. 11 is probably a better age for it.

GottaLvDisney
06-28-2009, 07:38 AM
My 10yo twins are so excited about this for our upcoming trip in September. They saw it on tv and can't wait...

I've been wondering about sign-ups too - thanks for the info :mickey:

doombuggygal
06-28-2009, 08:25 AM
My 9 y.o. really liked it. We signed up on the bridge between Future World & World Showcase. I enjoyed it too but was a little annoyed that we couldn't play when we went to sign up, we had to wait for our time which was 3 hours later.

MOJoe
06-29-2009, 10:01 AM
My 10 yr old son is a very active and curious child. So he was interested in doing the Kim Possible adventure, and loved his "French" assignment.

One word for those coming through the International Gateway. We were told to go to the center of the park to get a session time. But when i asked the CM at Great Britain if we could just skip that step and start there, he said it was fine.

c&d
06-29-2009, 10:04 AM
We did it when we were down in April and only did 3 of the countries on the first day. We went back on another day and when we were checking in the CM asked if we had done any countries. He then set our communicator to not cover the countries we already had done.

DS thought it would be really "dorky" but he really enjoyed doing it once we started. I think we probably spent about 1 1/2 hrs to do the 3 countries each time.

The only drawback is if you are following someone else, we waited until they had done the portion in front of us before we started so we wouldn't see what would happen.

KAJUNKING
06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
my kids are really looking forward to this, oh who am i kidding im really looking forward to this as well

DeniseMB
06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
can someone please tell me how much this cost.:mickey:

DisneyOtaku
06-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I believe the cost for KP is the cost of your ticket to EPCOT :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
06-30-2009, 09:50 AM
would you share some background on the process
I, for one, think that anything they do to help entertain the younger set in WS is a bonus. (I wish they would have left the playground areas from the F&G Fest up permanently!) And don't for a second think that only kids are participating in KP missions - you'll find just as many adults as children joining in the fun. Certain countries seem to be more "fun" than others (IMO). Japan has some of the coolest stuff - especially inside the department store. In France, during one of the missions, your picture is snapped and then sent to your phone (very cool).
All the countries that participate have good missions. Also - missions can change in a country - so if you get China twice, it may not be exactly the same both times (although there will undoubtly be similar experiences).

where to get the communicators, time to complete it
Kimmunicators - really just cellphones - are picked up after you swipe your park pass and get a "fast pass" type card. This is an important first step, as once those fast pass cards are dispensed for the day, you cannot get any missions. The "recruiting stations" (places to get the FP cards) are located at Innoventions, the entrance to WS from FW, Norway, and the entrance by the International Gateway.

Once you have the FP type card, you can go to your assigned country any time after your designated time.

There they will give you a Kimmunicator and you're off on the mission.
Note: If you have already completed a country and wish to try another, you can ask the CM at the Kimmunicator station. They're usually pretty good about it and they can sometimes give you a mission to a country other than what you might be assigned.

Mission time is totally dependent on the participant. You could finish it in 15-20 minutes moving quickly, or you could take your time and really make it last 45+ minutes. Do it once and you'll see for yourself.

can someone please tell me how much this cost.:mickey:
I'd say "free," but we know that's not the truth. Missions are indeed included with your admission to EPCOT. In other words, there is no out of pocket cost to participants.

nicster
06-30-2009, 11:31 AM
So, are you saying that DH & I (ages between 50 & death) won't look foolish doing a Kim Possible mission?:blush:

DisneyFr33k
06-30-2009, 12:35 PM
We too will be trying this for the first time this Fall.

Questions:
My family of 4 will want to play, do we each get a cell phone or is it one for the entire family? If we each get one, will we be on the same missions or different?
Also, does each cell phone have all the missions, or do different phones have different ones?

StitchFan#1
06-30-2009, 03:16 PM
:blush:grrrrrr no offence but it gets agravating when people are calling the Kimmunicators communitcators or celll phones its just me sorry

DeniseMB
06-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks for all the great information.:mickey: :mickey:

maxrebo77
07-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I am planning on trying a mission or two this Sept. Any reason an adult traveling solo wouldn't enjoy giving this a try?

chrim
07-07-2009, 03:40 AM
We too will be trying this for the first time this Fall.

Questions:
My family of 4 will want to play, do we each get a cell phone or is it one for the entire family? If we each get one, will we be on the same missions or different?
Also, does each cell phone have all the missions, or do different phones have different ones?

The entire family shares one Kimmunicator. There are multiple stages to each mission, so you could have each person operate the Kimmunicator for one stage then pass it to the next family member.

My experience was that each Kimmunicator is programmed initially for only one particular mission. After that, if you are not beyond a cutoff time, you can choose any of the remaining missions using that Kimmunicator without having to go back to have reprogrammed. Instead, you just chose your next mission from an on-screen menu.

Enjoy! :mickey:

chrim
07-07-2009, 03:43 AM
I am planning on trying a mission or two this Sept. Any reason an adult traveling solo wouldn't enjoy giving this a try?

I think this is a bit like asking if an adult traveling solo would enjoy riding Dumbo, Space Mountain, or the monorail. ;)

Relax and have fun on your mission!

SpecJoe Magic
07-07-2009, 06:42 AM
So, are you saying that DH & I (ages between 50 & death) won't look foolish doing a Kim Possible mission?:blush:

We're talking about a place where adults are sometimes seen wearing mouse ears and no one even gives it a second thought. In other words, you won't look foolish. You'll just fit in better with everyone else. :mickey:

bxrluv
08-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Our 16 year old who is quite the cynic when she's in 'a mood' and rarely teams up with her annoying (her words) little sister who's 11 really got into it right along with her sister. She was high fiving her her and wanted to do it again.:thumbsup:

haley's mom
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
So do you only have the kimmunicator for a designated period of time?

I am asking becuase we are a group of 7. If we will only be able to 1 country before giving the kimmunicator back, should we separate and get 2 time slots to be able to do more?

Snow's Mom
08-15-2009, 11:15 PM
I didn't know there was a "cut-off" time. We actually signed up on the way out of the park one afternoon, heading back to our hotel through the International Gateway. We were told we could show up after our assigned time as long as it was before 8:00 P.M. (summer hours). When we finished, we had the option of continuing. We chose to do another country on a different day, though the missions only took us 15-20 minutes.

You have to be able to hear the instructions and see the clues, so 7 people crowded around one Kommunicator might be tough. Two groups would probably be more fun, unless most of your group is content to just "go along".

Princess'Mom
08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
An EPCOT must do! Although we didn't really know who Kim Possible was prior to the trip -
DD7 and I went on the missions. It was a lot of fun! We especially liked Japan, Norway and England. DH found a nice spot in the shade and waited for us to stop running around each country. He did participate in the Japan mission and thought it was brilliant.

We saw lots of kids (of all ages 7-to 77) participating! Have fun!:)