PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rabbit in parks?

EmmMOM2
06-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Is there anywhere in the PARKS (I know about POP) that has roger rabbit references or memrobilia etc?? Even a picture or statue would do..
My 5 year old son is obsessed with Roger Rabbit latley and keeps thinking he will be able to see him when we go there but i keep telling him he wont be there when we are..
Is there anything i CAN show him??

No, I didnt let him watch the movie...he's too young, BUT we watched the "Disney Sing Along songs" Disneyland fun and Roger rabbit sings "Zip A DEE DOO DAH" in that movie and he loves it!!

Any help would be great

Strmchsr
06-27-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking there's some Roger Rabbit stuff next to the Honey I Shrunk The Kids playground in DHS.

andreallybadeggs
06-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Strmchsr may be on track since Roger Rabbit short was released with "HISTK" many years back.
My other guess would be Toontown. I know there is (or was) a Roger Rabbit ride at Disneyland Toontown.
Perhaps if you moved this question to the "Characters" forum where all the experts hang out?

andreallybadeggs
06-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Just searched Intercot and was reminded that there is a clip of RR in the ending clips on Great Movie Ride.
Know that has been changed a little but one of our experts will know if it still is part of the ending film.
And if you take your son on Splash Mountain enough he'll hear Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah plenty and perhaps think one of the other rabbits is Roger in a different outfit. OK-- that's a stretch. The other thing I'd recommend is checking out the shops at DHS that have posters, cels, statues, snowglobes etc...
Surely you could find something there.

This reminds me of many years back when my DD was on a local Santa TV show. She said that she would love to have the videotape of Snow White (this was pre DVD and pre Internet!) but she knew nobody had it. (It was in Disney's vault at the time and I had pursued every option with no success) Sweet , ignorant Santa replies
"Oh, I'm sure my helper Elf Dodie could probably find that for me to bring you." Aaargh...I finally found some really weird animé version of SW and that had to suffice till it came out of the vault. : )

Hayden's Dad
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Eddie Valient's office is located above Hollywood and Vine Resteraunt in HS. You can even see where Roger smashed through the window. :mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Eddie Valient's office is located above Hollywood and Vine Resteraunt in HS. You can even see where Roger smashed through the window. :mickey:

i knew there was reference in dhs just couldnt remember where

Scar
06-29-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't know about about stuff in the parks, but I am pretty sure the reason there isn't much (if any) is because of the feud between SKG and Disney.

Ian
06-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Disneyland has an entire Roger Rabbit ride ... Roger Rabbit's Toontown Spin.

It's actually one of my favorite Disney theme park rides. Tons of fun!!

Red Randal
06-29-2009, 03:44 PM

Never knew that and I LOVE Roger Rabbit! Always something new to check out at WDW! :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Roger was everywhere when the movie first came out. He was in the 15 year celebration parade, he was on tons of merchandise, and he even was part of the show at the Diamond Horseshoe for awhile. Then slowly he disappeared. Talk about a character they could so easily bring back!

joelkfla
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Also used to be in SpectroMagic. I think Genie is in his spot now.

Gusgus
06-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I am not sure if it's still there, but on the backlot tour they had the "street sweeping dip truck" that is at the end of the movie where Rodger and Jessica Rabbit almost get "dipped".

Gusgus

Stich8818
06-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Never knew that and I LOVE Roger Rabbit! Always something new to check out at WDW! :thumbsup:

Also too while you are facing this. You can look to your left on top of those buildings and see a billboard sign for Maroon Studios..

Jared
06-30-2009, 09:13 PM

Really? I actually thought it was pretty lame. But that was before I had seen the movie. I'll have to go back and try again.

ILoveLegos
07-01-2009, 12:08 AM
I don't know about about stuff in the parks, but I am pretty sure the reason there isn't much (if any) is because of the feud between SKG and Disney.

Just wondering what is SKG?
Although not exactly appropriate for a 5 year old and not in a Disney theme park, Jessica could be seen in Pleasure Island ... though closed now, I have no idea whether the bill-board is still up - gotta look next time I'm at DTD.

JPL
07-01-2009, 12:12 AM
SKG = Spielberg, Katzenberg , and Geffen

Jessica is no longer at PI in DTD :(

Sadly Roger was never used to his full potential due to licensing Issues with Amblin Entertainment. Eisner and Spielberg had a long standing fued over Roger. However theree are rumours that the might make a sequel to the movie so there is still hope we will see Roger make a comeback at the parks.

ILoveLegos
07-01-2009, 12:48 AM
SKG = Spielberg, Katzenberg , and Geffen

Jessica is no longer at PI in DTD :(

Sadly Roger was never used to his full potential due to licensing Issues with Amblin Entertainment. Eisner and Spielberg had a long standing fued over Roger. However theree are rumours that the might make a sequel to the movie so there is still hope we will see Roger make a comeback at the parks.

Thanks, I would have never guessed that one! I know Speilberg & Geffen - but never heard of Katzenberg.

Wow, no more Jessica - somehow I can't imagine the PI area without her. :(

Ian
07-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks, I would have never guessed that one! I know Speilberg & Geffen - but never heard of Katzenberg.You've never heard of Jeffrey Katzenberg??

Wow ... he came to Disney with Eisner in '84 and was put in charge of the Motion Pictures division. He's largely responsible for the turnaround there, including many of the Touchstone hits of the 80's and the "new classic" Disney animated features like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc.

After Frank Wells died in '94, Katzenberg wanted Eisner to promote him Wells' former spot as company president. Eisner refused and, when Katzenberg forced the issue, Eisner forced him to resign. Ultimately, Katzenberg sued Disney to recover money Disney owed him and ended up settling out of court for $280 million.

After that, he joined up with Geffen and Spielberg to form Dreamworks SKG ... Disney's major competitor in the field of animated features and the production house responsible for the Shrek franchise and also lots of live action blockbusters like Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, etc.

Imagineer1981
07-01-2009, 11:27 AM
You've never heard of Jeffrey Katzenberg??

Wow ... he came to Disney with Eisner in '84 and was put in charge of the Motion Pictures division. He's largely responsible for the turnaround there, including many of the Touchstone hits of the 80's and the "new classic" Disney animated features like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc.

After Frank Wells died in '94, Katzenberg wanted Eisner to promote him Wells' former spot as company president. Eisner refused and, when Katzenberg forced the issue, Eisner forced him to resign. Ultimately, Katzenberg sued Disney to recover money Disney owed him and ended up settling out of court for $280 million.

After that, he joined up with Geffen and Spielberg to form Dreamworks SKG ... Disney's major competitor in the field of animated features and the production house responsible for the Shrek franchise and also lots of live action blockbusters like Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, etc.

Thanks for the backstory...amazing how the guys who leave Disney go on to be greats in their fields. Look at John Lassater (spelling?)... he was a founder of Pixar and now is back at Disney/Pixar as the main guy!

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
07-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, I did see an interview with Robert Zemeckis, the director of "Who framed Roger Rabbitt?" and he said he was very interested in bringing the character back but not in the way it was done in 1988. Maybe with like his other movies (The Polar Express, the upcoming A Christmas Carol) he will do it with motion-capturing..

Here's hoping A Christmas Carol is a big hit so the Disney execs will want to invest more into it

PixieMagic
07-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Maybe I missed someone posting it - but I seem to remember backlot express (the CS restaurant) being nothing but roger rabbit memorabilia!

Townie
07-28-2009, 12:41 PM
There is a large statue of Roger Rabbit in the Pop Century resort

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-28-2009, 11:43 PM
DO NOT FEAR ROGER RABBIT FANS:

Dreamworks SKG and Walt DIsney Studios have just signed an agreement with each other that Dreamworks SKG will release 30 films through Disney over the next 6 years!

Roger Rabbit may finally return!

coneygoil
07-29-2009, 09:20 AM

Is that still there? I haven't seen it in so long I thought Disney removed it.

coneygoil
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I got to meet Roger Rabbit several times in the early '90's. Sadly, he disappeared. Disney needs to bring him back out!

disneyphilip
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I got to meet Roger Rabbit several times in the early '90's. Sadly, he disappeared. Disney needs to bring him back out!

I agree.

The only Disney park that he still makes appearances at for meet-and-greets is Tokyo Disneyland.

And that's because the Tokyo Disney Resort is owned by a different organization (in this case, the Oriental Land Company) rather than by Disney. Therefore, that property is pretty much exempted from whatever the current U.S. jurisdictions may be.

I was lucky to get to meet him on my last trip down there in April, 2008.

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 10:53 AM

i <3 dark rides...that and splash mt i cud live off of lol!!!