PDA

View Full Version : cheap place that sleeps three adults????

busterthebronco
06-27-2009, 04:32 PM
we've been hit by the recession as much as anyone but have landed on our feet somewhat and are ready to go back to disney!
we need a place to stay that all three of us can sleep in (DS is 15) and we just cant get any sleep with two of us in a double bed.
we thought about the air matress but do you leave it out or deflate it everyday?
is the POR trundle bed really big enough for an adult?
any places with the day bed other than the monorail resorts?
the cabin is good but the cart is expensive if i remember. is it?
help?:mickey:

kwhitt3202
06-27-2009, 04:38 PM
All the Value resorts can sleep up to 4 people. They come with double beds. Value resorts include (allstars movies, music, soprts;and the Pop Century)

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2009, 05:51 PM
One of the moderates (I think it is Coronado Springs) has queen beds, so that might be an option.

The trundle beds aren't really designed for an adult, so I don't think anyone would be super-comfy in them :(

I also learned here on Intercot that there are cots available, so that might be worth looking into as well.

andreallybadeggs
06-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Well I may get flamed but I've stated before that we've stayed off site several times and still had really magical times. We have lots of family members and friends that want to come with us (when you're the Disney experts...you guys know what I mean) and they are often on a tight budget so that's how we compromise. Just us-- Disney all the way. Others with us-- we find a nice place off site with a good pool and room to spread out.
May not be the Poly but sure is better than a kick in the head.

JoDisney
06-27-2009, 07:02 PM
You are saying you need a "cheap" place for three. However you do not want to share beds, if I understand. The value resorts are the cheapest Disney resorts. You could bring an Aero type single bed for the 15 year old, but it will take up alot of space in a value resort. You would probably have to deflate it everyday for housekeeping to do a good job. You could talk to Disney Reservations and ask if the "Values" will provide a rollaway bed. If so, there will be a fee for each night. I would think something in the range of $15-$25 a night.

You ask about POR trundle. It is most definitely too small for a 15 year old.

The cabins are not cheap. Adding a golf cart every day will cost you an additional $50+ a day if you want to add that.

You would have to go outside of Disney for something cheaper than a Disney Value Resort.

Look at disneyworld.com to look at the current rates.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2009, 07:14 PM
We've done 4 in a room with 2 air mattresses. Just bring the twin size and you just lean them against the wall for Mousekeeping to be able to clean.

LiloLovesTheKing26
06-27-2009, 08:02 PM
We stayed last year at POFQ 3 adults. We brought a full sized air mattress with us and left it flated everyday. We just propped it up against the wall then laid it back down at night. The room did not seem cramped at all. Now if you have an air mattress at a value resort I think that would be way to cramped as those resorts are just too small for me tastes.

lighteningqueen
06-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Your most enjoyable stay would be at All Star Music in the suites. It is 184.00 night 2 bathrooms,2 tvs a bedroom with a queen and the living room makes to a full or queen bed and one of the chairs is a full TWIN size bed and the ottoman makes a twin bed, Not half bed a twin size bed. But since he is 15 that is your best choice and most relaxed. We have stayed there 2 times and loved it. You do not know how great it is to have 2 full baths and 2 tvs with people of different taste. The Suites are very clean and have been refurbed a couple of years ago. They also have a game room in the lobby area off the food court and gift shop. I am not sure what you want to pay. But I understand that 2 adults cannot sleep in a full size bed anymore. For the life of me why do any hotels have full size beds. They should be at least a queen and let someone sleep for the outragous prices per night. For I can never understand why people pay 150.00 a night and up to 350.00 a night to lay their head down for a few hours and off they go. I pay that much they better serve me breakfast in bed and get me dressed ha ha

busterthebronco
06-28-2009, 02:21 PM
thanks ya'll!
this is the best message board!
we decided on bringing the air mattress and just booked a pirate room in CBR!if you ever need help with a disney decision just go to intercot!!!!

DestinationWDW
06-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey Buster! Glad you found something that worked! Enjoy and please post pics of the new pirate rooms!!!:cool: