PDA

View Full Version : Size 12's? another shoe question

Mrs Bus Driver
06-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Help! My DD needs dress shoes and sandals to wear to WDW. She wears size 12 in woman's shoes. Ordering online is difficult at best, because not all shoes fit alike and not all shoes are comfortable. I have looked for store locally and even called them, had the salesperson tell me that they carry size 12, only to go to the store and find nothing bigger than an 11. Does anyone know of a store (we live in Phoenix area) where we can find larger sizes for women? I don't mind driving a few miles if it means getting her the right shoes. I recently had to settle for a pair of size 11 dress shoes for her because of last minute thing. They hurt her feet and I would love to find her something better.

stephntampa
06-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Is there a Nordstroms department store near you? I have luck finding shoes for my husband who needs wide width shoes, I think they are pretty good at carrying hard to fit sizes. Good luck!!

momef3grls
06-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Payless has larger sizes or if you are near a Kohl's they have them too.

Friend of Figment
06-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Bond with a salesperson at Nordstrom. Theu will call you when 12s come in. They also have an under 6/over 10 event once or twice a year. They will also call other stores and track down what you want. I know their shoes are not cheap, but the extra service helps. I fyou bond with one person, they'll learn her style and your budget and won't suggent things either one of you will reject.

She might also consider men size 10 shoes for unisex styles.

Belster
06-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Another vote for Nordstrom..I worked there for 5 years and know for a fact that they will find you what you need. You will not have to do a thing.

illini
06-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Nordstrom Rack always has a big selection of size 12s (I'm another size 12er). The store is great, but if you need something right away, Rack is a better bet. Prices are better, too. :)

Otherwise, if I order online, I go with Zappos. Free shipping to and from. I order several pairs, try them on, ship back everything I don't like. I get the credit to my cc within a couple of days.