PDA

View Full Version : Noticable air-conditioning change

palmtreefan
06-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Has anyone else noticed how much warmer it is at the resort indoor locations this summer? I found no matter where I went -- MK, Epcot, resorts, etc... The air conditioning was not nearly as cool as in the past. Even most busses seemed to be set to a warmer tempurature! Not a good thing if you ask me :(.

faline
06-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I know that Disney is pushing a big drive to be more eco-friendly and has individuals to join with them in raising the temperature before air conditioning kicks in during the summer and to lower the temperature before heat kicks on during the winter. It would surprise me that, as part of this, they have instituted this practice throughout Disney.

VolMickey
06-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Hmm. That's the type of "climate change" that we should be worried about. :)

mickeys_princess_mom
06-27-2009, 07:58 PM
DD and I noticed a change on our trip. She commented one summer that she wanted the air to be so cold in the buildings that it "overwhelmed us from about 10 feet away from the door"...At the time it was occurring. Not so much this time...Except for our hotel rooms every afternoon after mousekeeping had cleaned our rooms... Brrr....:thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
06-28-2009, 08:33 AM
I think that is great. People all survived before air conditioning and I think that most people can adjust to a few degrees increase to help keep things more eco-friendly. Also saves a TON of money.
I personally would find that it was too cold in most of the buildings before, so would welcome the increase in temperature.

nicster
06-28-2009, 10:24 AM
I think that is great. People all survived before air conditioning and I think that most people can adjust to a few degrees increase to help keep things more eco-friendly. Also saves a TON of money.
I personally would find that it was too cold in most of the buildings before, so would welcome the increase in temperature.
Here Here:exactly:

DizneyRox
06-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Yes, it is much warmer overall at the resorts than in years past. I'm pretty sure it's more about cost savings than an eco-friendly initiative. Maybe disguised as such, but these days it's all about the bottom line.

DisneyOtaku
06-29-2009, 09:50 AM

Another one in agreement! I tend to be about 10 degrees colder than everyone else, so bring on the warmth!

Disney Doll
06-29-2009, 10:39 AM

Ype. Me too! I always found the AC uncomfortably cool so I'm looking forward to not freezing. :freeze: However, I do feel for those who are hot natured. I can always throw on a sweater, but there's only so much you can take off. :D

crazypoohbear
06-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I want it cold! especially in the summer down there.
I am hot blooded by nature, add extra pounds, menopause and Fla heat :( It is not pretty :blush:
To me, it would be easier for people who are cold to put on a small jacket or sweater. There is only so much that I can take off before it becomes illegal :D

Tinkerbellaella
06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
We just got back and I agree with the buses not being cool enough, but the buildings were very cool and refreshing. Even my husband who would live in Antarctica and still turn the air conditioner on, enjoyed the building temps.

buzznwoodysmom
06-29-2009, 01:24 PM
We were in WDW in early June and to us the buildings were just right, but we did notice that some of the busses were very warm. Not all of them, but there were times we were looking forward to getting on a nice cool bus after waiting in the heat and the bus was about the same temp. as it was outside.

Ian
06-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't really mind turning the air down a bit in the common areas like busses and restaurants, but I do really have a problem with the inability to maintain a comfortable temperature in my hotel room.

I like it chilly in my room when it's time for bed, especially when I'm in a very warm climate like Florida. The last thing I want is to come home from a long, hot day in the parks and have my hotel room be all hot and stuffy.

That's the one part of the change that really irks me. For what I'm paying, I should be able to be comfortable in my own hotel room.

DisneyDudet
06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Just this past Saturday, when it was VERY warm outside, I noticed that Mickey's Philarmagic and Spaceship Earch were uncomfortable. SSE was extremely hot the whole ride.

We noticed this starting in September. It was rather hot, but it wasn't as cool as it once was. Like a PP said, you could feel the air hit you as you come up to the doors. I remember it used to get rather cool in places, and it was nice in the summer.

There is a difference in being eco-friendly/money saving and being uncomfortable.

hilawson
06-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I would agree that the temperatures were warm inside. I am always freezing inside buildings in the summer time and my hubby laughed as I packed a couple of sweatshirts for our Disney trip in June (I know, I know along with Jorts and fanny packs sweatshirts with shorts have a real bad rep on this site! :blush:, but I gotta do it or I'll freeze).

However on this trip I wasn't cold once, hot often, and almost miserable some nights in our room. Oh well, we had fun and it was a few degrees cooler in the rooms than outside. :mickey:

DVC2004
06-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes, it is much warmer overall at the resorts than in years past. I'm pretty sure it's more about cost savings than an eco-friendly initiative. Maybe disguised as such, but these days it's all about the bottom line.

This is very true. Disney makes alot of decisions based on the bottom line. Remember folks it's a business.