PDA

View Full Version : AK Picnic in the Park changes

WDWdriver
06-27-2009, 09:27 AM
The order location for Picnic in the Park has moved to the counter outside the Island Mercantile store in Discovery Island. This new, permanent location is now the one and only spot for Guests to order picnic baskets at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Picnics are available for groups of 2 – 6 people and can be ordered until 1:30 p.m. daily. The pickup location is at the Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery in Africa.
Picnics include sandwiches, wraps, rotisserie chicken, or ham; and come with a choice of side dishes, desserts, and water. Vegetarian options are also now included.

Aggie97
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm glad to hear that a picnic option now is available for parties of two! :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info. We're planning to try the picnic in Sept. It looks like a nice option.

#1donaldfan
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
....we really wanted to try it this past trip (June ), but it was too hot.....maybe on a future "cooler" trip (spring break) it'll be a more feasable option.....I just don't want to sweat while eating a sandwich....??? :mickey:

JPL
07-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Glad to see they have a 2 person option. I plan to try this in December but with a little twist. I will travelling solo so take a snadwich back to my DVC Resort and have it for later in the room. I don't think I would have tried it for 3 people.

ElenitaB
07-01-2009, 05:31 PM
That's a good idea, Jeff. :thumbsup: You still might want to bring along some kind of insulated bag for it though.