PDA

View Full Version : Hoop de doo with a 5 and 2.5 year old

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I just booked this this morning for our September trip. I will admit it was selfish as I have always heard about it, and really want to try it.

Do you think a 5 and almost 3 year old will be ok there> How long is dinner/show.

We got category 3 as they only had 3 and 1 available. Will our girls still be able to see/hear?

faline
06-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Perfect for your kids! It's a high energy show which generally keeps kids well entertained. The 5 year old will love all the corny jokes and the little one will love the activity!

I still haven't gotten used to the new tier system so am not sure where you'll be seated in relation to the stage. I'm sure it will be fine!

DisneyBabies
06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
My 5 year old LOVED it! He didn't get the nuances of every joke, but laughed more at the way they were delivered. I have never seen him laugh so hard. It was a great experience and he was asking to go back before we even left the dinner. And he still brings it up now, months afterward. He told his little sister all about it and told her she just has to go to the "hoopadoo" because it is the best.

Hoop Dee Doo picture (http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/DisneyBabies2000/disney%202009%20pics/?action=view&current=DSC03679.jpg)

KAT1811
06-27-2009, 03:48 PM
:ditto:

Our children love it too! Very high energy and lots going on to keep the little ones amused! Have a great time!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the input! Not feeling as selfish anymore. How was the food? It is family style... right?

casey@bat
06-28-2009, 08:13 AM
We love this show and have taken our kids at different ages including 5 and 3. We all laughed the whole time!

The food is good. My kids loved the fried chicken and corn. We loved the BBQ ribs. They slam it down on your table in buckets.

chefmickey3
06-28-2009, 08:52 AM
We did this last year and the kids were 6,4 and 2. They loved it! They asked to do it again this year. Some of our best memories of last year's trip were this meal. The menu is available online. I found the food okay - my only complaint was not a lot of time to enjoy it because the show was sooo entertaining. I think the girls will love it. Not a bad seat in the house, either.