PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Artist Point

japhilli
06-26-2009, 04:52 PM
For the first time in 15 years my husband and I are going to have a dinner alone at WDW. We are thinking about Artist Point since we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Please give me your opinion.

DVC2004
06-26-2009, 04:56 PM
We like it there- we don't go every trip but have always enjoyed a good meal there. The smoky mushroon soup is excellent. I like the sea scallops and the berry cobbler dessert. mMy hisband had the buffalo last time and liked it. Just be sure to sit in the main dining area. Last time we were seated right near the restaurant check in podium and it took away from the meal. Oh and if you like wine it has an incredible selection of wine from the Pacific Northwest.

KAT1811
06-27-2009, 04:36 PM
We ate there on our last trip, for the first time, and I assure you it will be our last. We did not like it at all. We prefer the Yachtsman Steakhouse by far. We will not be returning to Artist Point. If I were planning on a romantic dinner alone with my husband (which will not happen for many, many years LOL) I woul go to California Grill and make my ADR coincide with Wishes. The views from CG are amazing and the food is fabulous!

awaggett
06-27-2009, 09:54 PM
I ate at Artist Point a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The food was great. I remember really liking the soup and the desserts best! I am in Orlando every few months for work and usually head to Disney one night for dinner/shopping. My favorite is California Grill--so I always end up going back there. Between the two, I'd go with Cali Grill; but I don't think you'd go wrong with either of them.

TheRustyScupper
06-28-2009, 07:24 AM
For a romantic, adults only meal . . .

1) Unfortunately, we don't recommend Artist Point any more.
2) Due to DDP, the menu items have been "standardized".
3) The food is now marginalized.
4) The interior design atmosphere is good.
5) But, it can get noisy and can have kids running around.
6) Because of few kids, I would highly recommend
. . . Bistro de Paris (no DDP, no kid's menu)
. . . Citricos (if you do DDP, out of the way)
. . . Shula's (no DDP, no kid's menu)
. . . Il Mulino (no DDP)