PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Square Riverboat

PixieMagic
06-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Has anyone done this? Is it worth your MK time? What is it like? Any info would be appreciated! Thank you!

DVC2004
06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Eh. It's not that great. If you have never done it and you don't have to wait,then try it. It's a quick trip half around the Rivers of America. You will be able to see Tom Sawyer Island and a few little scenes- but nothing real exciting.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
We're not fans of the Riverboat. It is a slow trip around the rivers of America. You get a view of Big Thunder, Tom Sawyer Island, and a couple of scenes (like the Indian one you see from the Railroad).

We just did it on our last trip (finally) and won't bother to fit it in again.

dream6
06-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I did this for the first time during my last trip, and while it may not make my list of must do's, it was nice to relax for a little bit. It was also fun because we did this as it was starting to get dark so we got to see the park all lit up from a different view point. It also forces me to slow down a little, which I always forget to do! :blush:

SFTrny
06-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Picture yourself as a young kid who has read the books and loves Tom Sawyer's Island. Don't just walk along the paths, but explore the island and the fort. Take off your shoes and run barefoot through the caves on a hot summer afternoon. Ride a raft down the river and camp out on the island in the middle of the river. Now, climb aboard a great paddlewheel steamboat and steam down the mighty rivers of the nation, looking out over the fort and the townsfolk as you embark on your next adventure.

No...this isn't a thrillride, but if you want a rollercoaster, go to Six Flags. This is a classic Disney ride that reaches into the heart, soul, and past of our country. It is an iconic experience that can be really great if you let the pixie dust take you to where it is leading.

Darbylew
06-26-2009, 07:53 PM
We have been on the riverboat and it is ok. We
did ride it during the Halloween party and that
was great. They had some super cast members
with a show and it was great. We loved it.
FIRST TRIP 1972 :mickey:
LAST TRIP MARCH 2009
NEXT TRIP NOVEMBER 2009 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN :thumbsup:

dmosher
06-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Its a very relaxing ride, not meant for the quick rush of the parks. It does allow you to see parts of the park from angles you would not otherwise see them at and a few parts you would never see otherwise.
I love taking pictures and from the boat I got the best pic of the Haunted Mansion I have ever taken.
If you like walking around Tom Sawyers Island or are in need of that type of relaxation in the middle of the hustle and bustle of MK, then take a few minutes out of your day and take a boat trip.

Start in the back of the boat as you pull away and then head over to the left hand side for a great view of Big Thunder as the train passes by the water! Great pics there too.
:pipes:
D

kakn7294
06-26-2009, 09:43 PM
I enjoy the Riverboat. I like the nice relaxing ride around the river. It's definately nothing exciting but it does offer a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I don't go on it every trip, but last year we kept trying to get on it and just couldn't time it right. It's a nice way to slow down for a few minutes and just catch your breath.

DigitalDaredevil
06-28-2009, 03:39 AM
Its nothing spectacular. but the kids seem to enjoy it.
It is a nice break from the hustle and bustle. If you have never done it, you should do it. I try to hit every attraction whether I like it or not just in case someone in Disney gets a crazy idea to remove a great attraction.

PharmD
06-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Picture yourself as a young kid who has read the books and loves Tom Sawyer's Island. Don't just walk along the paths, but explore the island and the fort. Take off your shoes and run barefoot through the caves on a hot summer afternoon. Ride a raft down the river and camp out on the island in the middle of the river. Now, climb aboard a great paddlewheel steamboat and steam down the mighty rivers of the nation, looking out over the fort and the townsfolk as you embark on your next adventure.

Exactly. It's nice to just relax, let yourself go and imagine yourself in a different time. Sigh.

Back to reality, It's probably not for everyone but it is very relaxing and a way to kind of step back and catch your breath. It's not usually a very crowded ride so it can be a way to escape the crowds for a little bit.

ransam
06-28-2009, 10:19 AM
yea, this is something i've never done...in all the trips i've been to disney, never been on this...kind of planning on at least trying it once next december.

TheRustyScupper
06-28-2009, 10:56 AM
1) Relaxing boat ride.
2) Gives kids an idea of a true steamboat.
3) Rides on rails, so no chance of an accident.
4) Overall, a pleasant ride, but not a thrill attraction.

momofdisneyprincess
06-29-2009, 09:32 AM
This is one of those rides we do when we need a break. We also only go on it if there is not long of a wait. My DD6 enjoys exploring the islands. Although it is relaxing, we really aren't disappointed if we don't get to ride it.

KAJUNKING
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM

No...this isn't a thrillride, but if you want a rollercoaster, go to Six Flags. This is a classic Disney ride that reaches into the heart, soul, and past of our country. It is an iconic experience that can be really great if you let the pixie dust take you to where it is leading.

great way to put it, and as others have said, you can get some great pics from here, we really enjoy it, and i really like the narration

Figment78
06-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with this ride once we (finally) rode it!

From your signature it looks like this is definitely not your first trip to WDW. I say go for it. It's fun to try a few new things each trip, whether they turn out good or bad. Keeps it fresh!

diz_girl
06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I rode this for the first time in a very long time this past December and I enjoyed it. It was nice and relaxing and did provide a different perspective of the park. Just one warning, there really isn't any place to sit, so you basically just lean against the rail and enjoy the view.

Captain_Nemo
06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
IMO its one of thoose "gotta do it atleast once" things for me. I thinks its relaxing, If it happens to be departing as you are walking by. you can explore the ship if you'd like, there is more to it then just a veiwing deck :mickey: