PDA

View Full Version : People Think I'm Crazy But.........

jakeybake
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM
In little over a year I have been to WDW 4 times. 3 times for work trainings/conferences (soooooo lucky I know!) and the 4th time with my family, though we stayed at an off-site timeshare (never again) that my inlaws purchased.

I have been telling everyone that will listen (or not) that I am so home sick for WDW and more specifically my beloved Beach Club. They look at me like I have 87 heads and most say, "I mean you have been there a million times lately how can you miss it and want to go back?"

I know it sounds crazy but the more I'm there the more I want to be there when I'm not.

Please tell me I'm not greedy and completely out of my mind! There has to be others who think the same way right?

Jay

BMan62
06-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, a few years ago I would have said you were nutz, but now....

We are headed back in September, which will be visit #3 from September 2008 to September 2009!!! (9/2008 - 8 days/7 nights; 1/2009 - 4 days/3 nights; 9/2009 - 9 days/8 nights)

Just can't resist the 'Free DDP' offer!!! :D

Goofeygal
06-26-2009, 11:01 AM
No you are not crazy hahaha. I am one that plans my next trip before the one I am on at the time is over. We are going in 4 weeks and that will be trip #3 in less then a year.:mickey:

disneymom15
06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
You're not crazy. One year I got 5 trips out of 1 AP. On my current AP, I've been there Dec and Jan with upcoming trips for Aug and Nov. I can't get enough.

Dsnygirl
06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Nope, you're not crazy... just crazed, like the rest of us. :blush: I find myself homesick for Disney quite often, which is odd to me, as we haven't been there nearly as much as we've been to other places we love, like Maine. I get homesick for there, too, but it's more a homesick feeling for the beauty of the place than for the feeling I get when I'm there. I just love how I feel at Disney, how I can be a kid again, with or w/o my girls, and how relaxed my DH and I are while we're there. I was just feeling particularly "homesick" this morning, not sure what brought it on, but when the feeling hit, was so glad I knew I had a trip coming up. Not sure if we'll have one next year, so I'd better enjoy it while I've got it!! :D

DVCWDWMEMBER
06-26-2009, 12:18 PM
No you are not goofy:cool:. I am sure you can tell from our signature that we have been to WDW and DL quite a few times. We are going back in October to stay at the Grand Floridian for the first time and are so excited:joy:

momofdisneyprincess
06-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Not crazy at all. We have a family trip planned for May 2010 (I know, planning early) and then I decided I couldn't wait that long to go. Our 10th anniversary is in OCtober so we decided to go to WDW without the kids to celebrate. There are plenty of restaurants and things I wouldn't normall do with the kids. ALthough, I will miss them terribly and will keep saying that I wished they were there, I am sure I will have fun.

NJGIRL
06-26-2009, 12:30 PM
We only go every other year because we travel around the real world on our off years. While I love going to Disney I realize we canot go every year because we would be missing out on so many other wonderful places we have been. Some of the things we have seen I will never forget.

But it's your vacation so if that's were you want to spend it I don't see anything wrong with that.

bruin1344
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
People think I am crazy going once a year and for going in the month of August.

If you enjoy going to Disney multiple times a year, then you're not crazy. Just ignore the annoying observations from people.

Figment78
06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh how I feel your pain. I used to be able to "survive" on a trip every other year. (Or every few years, back when it was out of my control, aka, with my parents). For the past few, I can't resist at least 1 per year or so. But lately, I've "decided" that 3x a year would be ideal... ha ha. However, we just went in Sep 08 and March 09, and will be returning in Dec 09 and April '10. I can't stay away and I'm lucky that both DH's family and my family all love WDW and we can choose Disney as our grand gathering place.

I know there are lots of other places out there to see and I do plan on going there. We really enjoyed our Caribbean cruise in '06. But we're just not beach vacation people and our DS is too little to imagine taking him to another country. Someday we will do some other trips, like Williamsburg, Cedar Point, and probably something out west to see my sister. But for now, Disney just works for us.

I agree that I get nostalgic for the feeling I get when I'm there. Life can be so stressful and the real world can have such tragedy and cruelness in it. It's nice to escape to a place where happiness prevails and innocence is prized.

Not to mention how many varied experiences you can actually have at WDW. As much as people complain about Disney management, the Florida destination has been developed into a place that you can return to again and again and almost always experience something new.

So.... can I go back now!?!?! :mickey:

goofygirl67
06-26-2009, 06:12 PM
You are not nuts, those who don't go that often are nuts. I average about 24 days a year and my friends and family have stopped asking me were I am going on vacation. Just had one in May and am looking forward to going again in September

PharmD
06-26-2009, 06:29 PM
If your goofy then so am I:goofy:.

faline
06-26-2009, 08:28 PM
There are many of us who want to turn around and go back before we even board our plane home!