PDA

View Full Version : Rope Drop arrival time

Snow's Mom
06-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Why do guidebooks tell you to be at the park almost an hour before opening time? I know on our last trip we usually arrived (by bus) and were at the turnstiles a few minutes before, but that was it. Is there any point in being earlier?:confused:

Stu29573
06-25-2009, 10:38 PM
We just got back. When we went for "Rope Drop" we only got there about 20 minutes early. Now, that meant that we were at the back of the crowd, but that was ok by us. I guess if you want to be right up front and see all the characters up close, the hour thing makes sense...

kemps@wdw
06-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Being there @ rope drop gives you the opportunity to ...
:thumbsup: See the parks empty
:thumbsup: See the opening ceremonies
:thumbsup: Be chosen Family of the Day
:thumbsup: Get on your preferred ride w/little/no wait, and get early FP
:thumbsup: Have more park-hopping time
:thumbsup: Enjoy cooler weather

We NEVER miss a rope drop @ any of the parks!

mattandmandy
06-30-2009, 10:52 PM
I have a question about this. Last time we were there DH asked about the opening ceremony at the guest services desk at MK and the CM told us that they don't have an opening ceremony every day. That it's a surprise and at different parks each day and it wasn't a guarantee if we got to the park early that we would see anything.

Is there something different that CM could have been talking about that is done on certain days? I thought the "rope drop" yall are referring to was something that happened every morning? The CM led us to believe we were wrong?

trackbarroness
07-01-2009, 09:10 AM
On certain days of the week they have a show to welcome guests to the park. Rope drop happens every day of the week, and on certain days they have a show that has the characters who arrive by train. It's actually pretty cool. That's probably what the CM thought you were referring to, the show that happens on certain days of the week. I've seen it a few times but since I'm in T-land I don't get to experience it unless I get to MK early. :)

mattandmandy
07-01-2009, 05:37 PM
On certain days of the week they have a show to welcome guests to the park. Rope drop happens every day of the week, and on certain days they have a show that has the characters who arrive by train. It's actually pretty cool. That's probably what the CM thought you were referring to, the show that happens on certain days of the week. I've seen it a few times but since I'm in T-land I don't get to experience it unless I get to MK early. :)

Thanks trackbarroness! I'm sure, now that you've explained this, that the CM thought we meant the characters on a train.

We have never been able to make it to any park before openening on any of our trips. We are really going to try this time! (If I can get DH out of bed early enough!:mickey: )