PDA

View Full Version : Just back and LOVE...

Tinkerbellaella
06-25-2009, 08:49 PM
We just got back and had the QSDP and will never do anything else (unless we get it for free). We had a lot of variety and plenty of food. The best part was no ADRs. We could change our plan for the day since we didn't have to be anywhere for a meal.

the other micki
06-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Glad you had a good experience on the QSDP! Maybe one day I'll give it a shot!

Iteachpc
06-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks for your report. I decided to try the QSDP on our upcoming trip in July. I had a hard time deciding since I am traveling with 3 teens who all count as adults and we probably don't save much money. But I still wanted to try it. I really like the idea of paying for food ahead and knowing we can relax and eat what we want without worrying if we're overspending. We don't do many TS meals because we like to spend our time playing, not eating. Can't wait to get there...it's less than 30 days!

iceicebritney
07-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I think I would miss the character and signature meals though. Personally I don't like the Hamburger, Pizza, Hot Dog, Chicken Finger selection that the majority of the park's quick services offer. Is there some way around all of that garbage?

PetefromRI
07-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I think I would miss the character and signature meals though. Personally I don't like the Hamburger, Pizza, Hot Dog, Chicken Finger selection that the majority of the park's quick services offer. Is there some way around all of that garbage?
We found that there were so many great QS restaurants that we only had a burger once in nine nights.Do some research and you'll find that there are quite a few great QS rests.I replied to a recent thread where I named most of the places we tried.
I'm with Tinkerbellaella.Unless it's free,we'll be doing this plan alot!

BluewaterBrad
07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Sounds Great!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
07-06-2009, 09:24 PM
There are lots of non burger options in the parks. For example, there is chowder and fish at Columbia Harbor House, and the Yak and Yeti or BBQ food at Animal Kingdom. There are many great options at Epcot for CS meals as well. I think I only ate one burger in my last 2 trips and that's only because DH was really in the mood for one.

Belster
07-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I never thought of the QS plan quite like that before...less stress free to do as you please. I may want to give this option a whirl on my next planned trip...thanks for the great feedback!!!

TheMartellFamily
07-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I feel that is a good option for those with children who are picky eater,s or those, whose children are 10 and over and do not eat enough to fill a adult meal plan. I have to say my one child fills this to a T. He does not eat much and he is 10. I think we will look at this as a option on our next visit (when ever that would be.) I do admit that I would miss some of our fav dining, which is O'hana's or Chef Mickeys.

barbiegirl314
07-07-2009, 12:14 PM
This is probably a silly question, but what is the "QSDP"?

BMan62
07-07-2009, 12:18 PM
This is probably a silly question, but what is the "QSDP"?

Quick
Service
Dining
Plan

(otherwise known as Counter Service)

#1donaldfan
07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
...I think we will try it the next visit....I realize it's not as economically "sound" to do the quick service and it's mostly a break even plan, but to not have ADR's and be so regimed would be a break from the "norm". The meals would be paid in advance which is the main idea, no worries about paying for them, plus at CS eateries it's not necessary to tip, thus saving even more.....:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
07-07-2009, 01:18 PM
We do lots of CS dining and we love the selection except when it comes to kid meals. They do need more choices for kids.

lighteningqueen
07-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I think we will try it also.. The Ts restaurants have really lost there fun, not much antics at the ones that did like 50's and whispering. Ohanas brings out raw meat and I do not want raw meat. Asked 3 times just gave up. Etc etc. Question though, which Wolfgang is CS. I know it is one but can't remember. Also Sunshine seasons in Epcot is the biggest bang for CS buck for sure. Could eat there several times and get something different everytime. All Stars and Pop i hear have great meals as well. All Stars Music is really tasty and we are people with taste buds ,so may make a trip over for some of their Tomatoe basil soup... the BEST

justice11
07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
what is the difference in price from the quick service and the table service dining plan

Bluesky481
07-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Question though, which Wolfgang is CS.

The Wolfgang CS is Wolfgang Express at DD. It is absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I went during our last trip in May, and we both loved it. You get an amazing bang for your buck (by far one of the more expensive CS locations depending on what you order). After you order your food, a server brings it to you table along with your drinks, so it's a little bit like an upscale CS. Enjoy! :mickey:

lighteningqueen
07-07-2009, 07:29 PM
The Wolfgang CS is Wolfgang Express at DD. It is absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I went during our last trip in May, and we both loved it. You get an amazing bang for your buck (by far one of the more expensive CS locations depending on what you order). After you order your food, a server brings it to you table along with your drinks, so it's a little bit like an upscale CS. Enjoy! :mickey:
Ok so it is the express not the cafe??? We fully intend to do that. Earl DTD is a great one as well. very good food.Thanks so much... Isn't the CS 29.00 per day with a mug and 2 snacks right never can find it again on the disney site. They just don't want to tell you anything when you go to book the individual cost they just factor it in????

DeniseMB
07-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Just wondering...how many CS per person, per day.. TIA :mickey:

Iteachpc
07-07-2009, 10:28 PM
The plan includes:

2 counter service meals & 2 snacks per person per night of your stay.

1 refillable mug per person is also included.

DeniseMB
07-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Thank you for the quick response. :mickey:

TheVBs
07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Glad you liked it!

Has anyone ever done the math to see if they would/would not have saved using the dining plan? We didn't do the dining plan last trip and I've saved all of our receipts. We're going to try to figure out if we would have actually saved with the dining plan or not.

momofdisneyprincess
07-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I did the math and we will definitely be saving during our next trip. If you figure a snack as $3.50 (x2) and each counter service meal as an average of $12 (don't forget it includes a drink and dessert) then you are looking at $31 without the refillable mug per adult (the adult cost of the plan is $29.99 per night). Children are only $8.99 a night. Children's counter meals are around that for one. So, you could be "saving" $16 per day for a child. Keep in mind, the term saving is relative. If you are going to be bringing a lot of your own food and beverages into the parks then this plan may not be for you. Take a look at the menus and create a "sample" day. That is what I did to figure out that I would definitely save money in the long run. Take a look at some of the reviews on the dining plan too. Some really great ideas on how to maximize the plan and get the most bang for your buck.

Tinkerbellaella
07-08-2009, 05:22 PM
We kept rough totals for our meals. We had 4 adults and spent on average $55-$70 per meal times 2 was about $110-$140 per day. To break even we needed to spend $120. That did not include the 2 snacks per person. We figured our snacks and mugs were freebies. Could we have ate cheaper, yes. It was nice not looking at the prices on the menu before we decided what we were going to have (the kids loved that). We normally don't get dessert, but loved the indulgence since we were on vacation. There were several times at the end of our vacation that we traded our dessert option for a salad or fruit bowl. We only ate a hamburger twice and it was because we chose to. The variety for CS is vast. If you eat the same thing it is because you chose to. And like I mentioned before, no ADRs! We could and did change our days plans around since we didn't have to make our ADR.

Familyof4
07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Barbiegirl, thanks for asking that question. I too was in the dark about QSDP. Great minds must think alike as we have the same picture:-)

Rekenna
07-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm glad the QSDP was such a great experience. We are trying it for the first time in October. We have always purchased the regular dining plan before and have always thought is was a good value for us.

Although I love to "ULTRA" plan it is nice not worrying about choosing/organizing/making/worrying/keeping ADR's. We love the meal plans for budget control reasons and the food is always very nice. We have 3 kiddies and the flexibility to eat when they are ready is perfect for us.

Thanks for the input!:thumbsup:

Gooftroop5
07-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback. We are going in August & we decided to try the QSDP. We hated being so tied to the reservations. It cut into a lot of our time. Also it was a lot of food. That comes a family of good eaters.

We figured we will break even but we liked the idea of having it all paid up front . This way we knew what we were spending.

I love Cosmic Rays chicken & ribs. I eat the chicken & ds eats the ribs. We just share my dinner & we all walk away stuffed. Without eating burgers for every meal. Also love the tuna sandwiches at the Columbia house. :thumbsup:

Forgot we love to get the Fish & Chips at England. Even the kids like that.

armmh
07-10-2009, 12:02 AM
We used QSDP in June and loved it. This, however, was our first trip so I dont have anything to compare too. It would have been fun to do some character meals, but my kids didnt care. I did do some of the math when we got home. This is close but not exact. The dining plan cost us $623 (2 adults, 2 children). On our last night, I went to the resort shop and bought about 10 suckers/candies as things to take home since we had extra snack credits. We also left not having used 6 meals. Im not exactly sure how that happened, I know a couple of us missed lunch one day but other than that, not sure. Anyway, what I added up (using the menus on allears.net) we would have spent $785. So we surely did come out ahead. Also the mugs would have cost almost $50 once you add in tax. It was really nice having so many snack credits~popcorn and frozen cokes or smoothies for every parade :-)
We are hoping for free dining next year but honestly, while I would look forward to a couple of character meals, I really enjoyed the quick service. Do the research and make a list of places to eat that arent burgers so you dont have to scramble. Lots of people complain about he kids choices. My kids eat like that anyway, so that wasnt a big deal for us. We were so darn hot in that June heat wave, that the drinks were really the important thing!!

#1donaldfan
07-10-2009, 09:19 AM
.....got a question..........

with the mug you get on the quick service plan, do you have to carry them around all the time, or when you get your CS meal do they give you a normal disposable cup. I sure wouldn't like to have to carry those mugs around all the time. We normally get the mugs but they stay in the room and we just use 'em around the resort.....:confused:

momofdisneyprincess
07-10-2009, 09:29 AM
The mugs are only refillable at your resort.

lighteningqueen
07-10-2009, 11:17 AM
You will have to purchase drinks at the parks or use your snack credits. Resort only and the one you are staying at.