PDA

View Full Version : Tutto Italia

PetefromRI
06-25-2009, 08:11 PM
We're tryin this place in September.Give it to me straight.We live in Westerly R.I. and it's a very Italian town with great food with Federal Hill straight up 95.Will I be dissapointed?We don't want an Olive Garden meal,we want real Italian.I've heard that the Italian place in the Swan is great but we're on the Free dining so we chose this place.

epceddie
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately, you just aren't going to find "real italian" anywhere at Disney World.
I grew up in Barrington and I know all about Federal Hill. I love Angelo's and the Old Canteen!
When we're in Orlando, we do like Romano's Macaroni Grill. The food is good, it's cheap and we think it's a couple of steps above the Olive Garden.
I ate at Alfredo's (which was replaced by Tutto Italia) and the food was pretty good. It just didn't have that home-cooked feel you get at a lot of great Italian restaurants in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Hope this helps.

lightyearfan
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
well all i can add to this topic is that i'm very italian, and me and dw ate at Tutto last year and it was pretty darn good, it's not even close to being an Olive Garden, and if you're going to compare to the other italian eateries that are in the parks, to me and dw this is the best one. we also ate at Tony's Town Square last year and it was disgusting. growing up in an italian household makes me very uptighht about eating at italian resturants. i hope that this helps

Victor

PetefromRI
06-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds O.K. so far.Keep em' commin'!

VWL Mom
06-27-2009, 09:15 AM
We tried it for the first time last year and will be going back again in November. Was it the best Italian food I've had, no...was it good, yes. We started with the Buffalo Mozzarella & Calamari appetizers and moved to Chicken Milanese, Grilled Pork Chop, Salmon which were very good and a Zuppa di Pesce type thing which was not so great because the pasta was way past al dente so I would probably stay clear of anything involving pasta.

AdventurerKim
06-27-2009, 09:38 AM
We ate at Tutto Italia two weeks ago and were impressed by the food (good) and service. We'd had our ups and downs with Alfredo's and weren't sure how this would be. We would definitely go back! It's definitely better than Olive Garden.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2009, 10:36 PM
A couple of my co-workers have eaten here and gave it very good reviews. One is going back again in Sept.

andreallybadeggs
06-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Haven't tried the Tutto Italia but DD liked it. Had one good and one bad experience with the old Alfredo's. As per the one in the Swan; the old
one (Palio?) was fabulous. We tried the new one
(Mulino??) last year and thought it was way over-priced and over-rated so I personally wouldn't feel too cheated by missing it.

KathyMJ
06-28-2009, 05:33 PM
We're tryin this place in September.Give it to me straight.We live in Westerly R.I. and it's a very Italian town with great food with Federal Hill straight up 95.Will I be dissapointed?We don't want an Olive Garden meal,we want real Italian.I've heard that the Italian place in the Swan is great but we're on the Free dining so we chose this place.

It's terrible how spoiled we get by Federal Hill! Costantino's is one of our FAVORITES!
And the prices and quality of the food at Venda's market...:thumbsup:

We ate in Italy when it was Alfredo's. Granted, it was not Federal Hill, but it was very, very good. I haven't tried Tutto yet. I'll wait to see what your review is :D

A little off topic...have you ever tried Bella Pasta in Pawtucket? It's a tiny little place that has the most incredible Italian food. It is worthy of a storefront on Fed. Hill!!

bruin1344
06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I am from Boston and my family is italian so i am used to great italian food. Because of that I found Tutto Italia to be mediocre but I would eat there again.

artyboy
06-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Also Italian, and also very leery of most Italian restaurants...

We found Tutto to be quite good. The antipasti platter is massive and well done...I probably could've just had that for dinner.

prttynpnk
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm a northern expat, too with a very foody husband and we both loved it. The fish was fabulous and the atmosphere was great. Enjoy!

PetefromRI
06-29-2009, 08:21 PM
It's terrible how spoiled we get by Federal Hill! Costantino's is one of our FAVORITES!
And the prices and quality of the food at Venda's market...:thumbsup:

We ate in Italy when it was Alfredo's. Granted, it was not Federal Hill, but it was very, very good. I haven't tried Tutto yet. I'll wait to see what your review is :D

A little off topic...have you ever tried Bella Pasta in Pawtucket? It's a tiny little place that has the most incredible Italian food. It is worthy of a storefront on Fed. Hill!!
No but we'll have to try it sometimes.My wife loves Zooma and Capricios.

PetefromRI
06-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the replys.We now have our ADR's for Tutto.Thanks again.

PlutoPlanet
06-30-2009, 12:19 PM
We're trying Tutto's in August. We agree with the OP about Tony's. We ate there once and never again. We don't expect Tutto's to be like the North End, we just want, as you say, something better than Olive Garden.