PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances...

momef3grls
06-25-2009, 07:33 PM
that 2 people could walk up to a popular restaurant from Aug 19 to 21 and get a reservations? We would really like Le Cellier but if not will make do. Looking for a late reservation.

faline
06-25-2009, 07:40 PM
While you're looking for a late reservation, I suspect your best chance of getting in as a walk-up is to be there for opening at lunch and/or dinner.

Leighler
06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I would keep putting it in online every single day and play around with dates and times. I've read on here of people not getting places they want to eat and gone and played around in the new ADR online system and at times have gotten lucky..even if it's 9:55. Of course I didn't book it and take it away from someone else- I just wanted to see what was available. Good luck!

ILoveLegos
06-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Up until the last 3 years, I never made an ADR in WDW but I'm often there during the non-peak times of the year, rarely in the summer. Like you I've been a party of two when we lucked out with a seating, but unlike what you're asking I never had my heart set on getting into the "super popular" places like LeCellier. I've done Italy (Alfredo's Resturant a bunch of times as a last minute walk-in). Waited 15 minutes tops for a seat. The Sci-Fi Cafe has always been an easy walk up for us with about the same amount of wait time. I must admit that I have never gotten LeCellier as a walk up, but my dad has always tried just for the challenge after seeing O'Canada. The way we do Disney, we never know when we'll be there or where we'll be at a precise moment, so we're very flexible. Sometimes the gamble doesn't work though and our back-up plan is to grab some quick service onsite or hit one of our favorite offsite resturants on the 70 mile trip home for a late dinner.

BMan62
06-26-2009, 10:29 AM
With that time frame being part of the 'Free DDP' offer time frame, I would say 'Slim to None, and Slim has already left the building.'

Disney Doll
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
With that time frame being part of the 'Free DDP' offer time frame, I would say 'Slim to None, and Slim has already left the building.'

That's what I was thinking. There are people making ADRs 90+ days out who are still not getting Le Cellier. Keep checking though because you never know when someone might cancel. Good luck!!