PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan-Help From People Who Have Done It.

Horizon One
06-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi there,
I have been to Disney a few times, but I have never dined on site other than the odd counter service.
I would like to know what your to 6 places to dine are. My plan would to be:
2 days Magic Kingdon
2 days Epcot
1 day Studios
1 day Animal Kingdom
I would love some input as this part of the trip is something new to me and I have to book this weekend.:mickey:

Thanks in advance

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Our family favourites:

MK - Crystal Palace Breakfast
Either Tony's for dinner, or take the monorail to the GF for 1900 Park Fare.

Epcot - Rose & Crown & Biergarten

DHS - No Where!! If we have to eat somewhere it would be 50's Prime Time Cafe (although, we usually add another meal at Epcot instead).

AK - Tusker House

There are so many good places to eat, and you'll get lots of ideas here on Intercot. A good thing to do is to review the menus in InfoCentral, and pick places that sound yummy to you. :eat:

Enjoy your trip :mickey:

joonyer
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Our family's favorites are:

'Ohana (great family food & fun)

Crystal Palace (for breakfast before the park opens)

Teppan Edo (@ Japan in Epcot)

Sci-Fi Dine In (campy atmosphere and good burgers, shakes & onion rings)

Flame Tree BBQ (only counter service but good)

Rose & Crown (good food and great view of Illuminations)

California Grill (great food and great views)

faline
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
It would help to know if you're planning dining for a family that includes children or for adults only.

At the Magic Kingdom, I might look at dining in the nearby resorts. For children, I'd choose Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge or O'Hana's at the Poly. For adults, I might choose Kona Cafe at the Poly or California Grill at the Contemporary. For both adults and children, I'd look at Hoop De Doo at Fort Wilderness. If you want to stay within the park, I'd go with the Plaza Restaurant or Tony's for adults. With children, I'd look at Cinderella's Royal Table or Crystal Palace.

In Epcot, I'd choose Le Cellier and San Angel Inn. With children, probably Coral Reef and Teppan Edo.

At Disney Studios, I'd definitely choose The Brown Derby for adults. With children, I'd gravitate toward Sci Fi Dine In or 50's Prime Time.

For Animal Kingdom, I'd travel over to Animal Kingdom Lodge to dine at Boma's (particularly with kids) and Jiko's for adults.

sassy2000
06-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Our faves are:
Ohana dinner
Chef Mickey's dinner
Chefs de France
Boma
Le Cellier
50's Prime Time Cafe

elmjimmlm
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
2 days Magic Kingdom-
I would say Tonys for dinner and Liberty Tree for lunch
2 days Epcot-
LeCellier and Teppan Edo
1 day Studios-
I would choose between 50s Prime Time or Sci Fi (both really for the experience)
1 day Animal Kingdom-
Without a doubt, Yak and Yeti...It may be one the best at Disney World...

lightyearfan
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
here is mine and dw input:
MK- The Plaza for lunch and if you have park hopper or going to leave after dinner then i would goto Ohana's if no park hop and your not going to leave after dinner then Liberty Tree

Epcot- 1st choice is an obvious one and that's Le Cellier and the second would be Tutto Italia with Rose & Crown right behind it

DHS- 50's Prime Time, so much fun and very homey type food.

AK- Yak and Yeti

Hope this helps

Victor

Celakip
06-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Our favorites are:

Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace & OHana (take the monorail to the Polynesian)
Epcot: LeCellier & Marrakesh
Studios: Either Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi Dine In, or 50s Prime Time
Animal Kingdom: Yak & Yeti

1goofyfamily
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
magic kingdom for us always consists of Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys since it's so close
epcot - Le Celier was awesome and then kinda pickem no other country or other restaurant is a must for us
sudios - kids love the sci fi
animal kingdom - go over to animal kingdom lodge and do boma
can't wait for December!!!

PixieMagic
06-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Our Favorite TS Restaurants:

Magic Kingdom
**Just hop over to Poly and eat at OHana

Epcot
**Teppan Edo
**Le Celllier
**Rose & Crown

Animal Kingdom
**Yak & Yetti

DANAM
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
This is my families fav's:

MK
Not a real fan of TS in this park we rather 1900 Park Fare at the GF or 'Ohana's at the Poly
CS-Pecos Bill

Epcot
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo
CS-Sunshine Seasons

DHS
Hollywood and Vine

AK

Yak and Yeti and Tucker House for breakfast are good but we prefer the CS here
CS-Yak and Yeti and our favorite Flame Tree BBQ

Also love Wolf Gang Puck Express in DTD. It is a yummy CS.

DisneyFr33k
06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
2 days Magic Kingdon
2 days Epcot
1 day Studios
1 day Animal Kingdom
I would love some input as this part of the trip is something new to me and I have to book this weekend.:mickey:

Our favorites are:

Magic Kingdom: Tried Crystal Palace and Tony's - not impressed. So we take the monorail to the Polynesian and LOVE Ohana and Kona for table services. For a counter service, Columbia Harbour House

Epcot: Le Cellier (Canada) and Rose and Crown our fav's so far. But I hear Teppan Edo is great too (we'll try that next). For lunch, we use our snack options that come with the dining plan to eat samples from the food kiosks. That is enough to fill us up!

Studios: 50's Prime Time is great entertainment and good home cooking. Mama Melrose's was good to - if you are in the mood for Italian.

Animal Kingdom - the best counter service is Flame Tree and for table we like Tusker House

Hope this helps! Have fun and let us know what you decide!

bruin1344
06-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi there,
I have been to Disney a few times, but I have never dined on site other than the odd counter service.
I would like to know what your to 6 places to dine are. My plan would to be:
2 days Magic Kingdon
2 days Epcot
1 day Studios
1 day Animal Kingdom

Thanks in advance

For Epcot, i recommend Teppan Edo, Le Cellier, and Rose & Crown. Cape May at Beach Club is a great choice near Epcot.

I havent tried any of the MK or AK restaurants. This board seems to highly recommend going to Ohana or one of the MK resorts for restaurants.

I dont like any of the DHS restaurants. I would go to Epcot or one of the Epcot resort restaurants instead.

Goofy Pluto
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Only six? ;)

OK, I'm going to give you the short review for table service places I've been and you can decide for yourself.

MK:

Crystal Palace - I've been here for Breakfast and it's very good. I can't remember ever being here for lunch of dinner but if I had, it's been so long I don't remember. Usually go for breakfast.
Tony's - Been a LONG time since I've been here so can't recommend or tell you to avoid.
Liberty Tree Tavern - Family style table service. Was here for dinner at least once but a long time ago. I remember it being very good.

Places near MK:

1900 Park Faire at GF: Went here for the first time on our last trip for dinner and the food was AWESOME! Highly recommended.
Ohana's at Poly: Went here one time for dinner and it was very good. Look forward to going again some time.
Kona Cafe at Poly: It's tradition for us that we go here for breakfast once every trip for one reason: TONGA TOAST! So heavenly! Never been for other meals.
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary: I've been here for breakfast a few times and it's probably my favorite breakfast buffet at WDW. Haven't been for lunch or dinner that I can remember.
Whispering Canyon at WL: The atmosphere here is a lot of fun. I probably love this place for one thing: BOTTOMLESS MILKSHAKES! Food is good, though. Neat place.

Epcot:
Garden Grill at The Land: I've only been here once but we really liked it. Food was very good and the restaurant spins!
Coral Reef at the Living Seas: The atmosphere is neat but I find it very expensive and not worth the money.
Le Cellier at Canada: Everyone raves about this place but I ate here once and wasn't overly impressed. Maybe after all the glowing reviews on this board I had my expectations too high, but I didn't think it was as special as everyone else on this board says it is.
Rose & Crown at UK: We had a bad experience here waiting to be seated and then waiting to get our food but the food itself was very good. If you go, just hopefully you'll have been service than we had.
Tutto Italia in Italy: I haven't been here since they changed but we used to love this place. One of my favorites way back when, but I can't speak from current experience with the new management.
Chefs De France in France: I have to admit it's been quite a while since I've been here and maybe my pallate has matured, but I was never a fan of this place. Too fancy for my tastes.
San Angel Inn in Mexico: Went here once for dinner. I liked what I had but my wife hated it and we won't go back because of that.
Nine Dragons in China: I went here once for dinner YEARS ago and remember it being good. Of course my parents paid for it and now I wouldn't go. I like my Chinese food cheap and preferably in buffet form. I can't suggest because of the cost.

Near Epcot:

Big River Grille & Brewing Works BoardWalk: Went here once for dinner many moons ago and thought it was very good, what I had.

Disney Hollywood Studios

Sci Fi Dine In Theater: I don't care what anyone says, I love this place. I think I've only been for lunch and it's perfect for that. My only complaint: We've never been seated quickly.
50s Prime Time Cafe: A really fun place and good food, too. Can't wait to take my kids here.
Hollywood & Vine: Unimpressive. I've been here for breakfast and dinner and don't think we'll be going back.
Brown Derby: Went once or twice back in the day because my Mom loves the place. Just not my type of place. Too expensive and fancy.

Animal Kingdom:

Tusker House: STAY AWAY! Had a TERRIBLE experience here and didn't like the food at all. Others will tell you otherwise. I'll never go back.

Near Animal Kingdom

Boma at AKL: Went here for breakfast one time. VERY Good. Want to try it for dinner some time. We were planning to our last trip before we decided to do Tusker House instead.

So those are some quick reviews/suggestions. These are only table service places, too. Enjoy yourself, whatever you pick, and let me know if you have any questions.

swampfox28
06-27-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry to have what is likely to be a stupid question, but what the heck is Yak and Yeti?

I looked at Info Central under AK and AKL for restaurants and didn't see it listed...!?!!??!

I don't remember it at all. THANKS!

DisneyFr33k
06-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm sorry to have what is likely to be a stupid question, but what the heck is Yak and Yeti?

I looked at Info Central under AK and AKL for restaurants and didn't see it listed...!?!!??!

There is a Yak & Yeti counter and table service in the Animal Kingdom. I just sent you a private message with more info.
Hope this helps!

swampfox28
06-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks!

Is it new? I've been to WDW twice (most recent trip was over 2 years ago) and NEVER saw the place... I'm feeling bewildered!

DisneyFr33k
06-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks!

Is it new? I've been to WDW twice (most recent trip was over 2 years ago) and NEVER saw the place... I'm feeling bewildered!

It opened November 14, 2007. It's chinese food over in asia near the kali river rapids.

Hammer
06-27-2009, 06:44 PM

First, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to WDW Dining :eat: !

Second, no need to go anywhere else to look at the Yak and Yeti menu as we have it here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/yakyeti.asp) under menus in Info Central (at the bottom of the Animal Kingdom section). And as many are concerned how current the menus are, our Yak and Yeti menu is more recent than other sites ;) (I transcribed it for our site) .

last real pirate
06-28-2009, 10:15 AM
i would make a point to go to ohana's no matter what else you do. also some other tips with your dining plan:
- you can use it at most of the bakeries and as long as you do not get a drink or pay for the drink seperatly it only counts as a snack credit. a cinnamon rool from main street bakery at MK is a amazing breakfast.
- you can get a malt or smoothie with your meal instead of a soda. the smoothies are great if you have been walking in the heat and looking for something to help cool down.
- at the food court of the value resorts you can get a large pizza for two counter services. this is a good way to save them if you begin to run and possible feed more than two people if you have kids.
i hope this helps and have a great time!

ransam
06-28-2009, 10:45 AM
keeping all your reservations in the parks, the ones i would recommend are...

2 days Magic Kingdon
Tony's and if you can get in, breakfast at the castle. if you can't do that, then the Crystal palace is really good

2 days Epcot
Coral reef
San Angel Inn

1 day Studios
Brown Derby
(if you have kids go to the 50's Prime Time cafe)

1 day Animal Kingdom
Tusker House..

but if you can leave the park and come back...others would be
O'hana's...my favorite place ever to eat anywhere, not just Disney
Boma
Cafe' Mickey

swampfox28
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
First, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to WDW Dining :eat: !

Second, no need to go anywhere else to look at the Yak and Yeti menu as we have it here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/yakyeti.asp) under menus in Info Central (at the bottom of the Animal Kingdom section). And as many are concerned how current the menus are, our Yak and Yeti menu is more recent than other sites ;) (I transcribed it for our site) .

Thanks!!! :mickey:

Horizon One
06-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank you to everyone that gave input. I tried to get some of the restaurants mentioned but for the times and dates I wanted I just couldn't
get them.
Here is what I ended up with.....

Diamond Horseshoe Review
Whispering Canyon
Italy Restaurant in Epcot
Sci-Fi Diner
Yak and Yeti
Chef Mickey's

I really tried for Ohana's like people recommended but I couldn't find a time.

Thanks again to all :thumbsup: