PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast

jennyteb
06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
We are going to Disney in Dec. with our three children ages 13, 10, and 5. What do you think is the best character breakfast for the best price? The boys do not want to eat with the princesses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Our favourite two character breakfasts are:

#1) Tusker House in AK. You meet Donald and gang, the food is rather good, and you're right at the safari ride!

#2) Crystal Palace - Pooh & the Gang. Again, the food is decent, and you can get into the MK before it opens.

Strmchsr
06-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Depends on who they like best. Either Pooh & Gang at Crystal Palace or Mickey & company at Chef Mickey's.

casey@bat
06-25-2009, 05:26 PM
What ages are the boys and girl?

wdwfansince75
06-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Absolutely recommend Donald's Safari Breakfast at DAK. Great food and character experience.....

DS#1 and family loved the Ohana breakfast....served family style...characters include Mickey (in Aloha shirt), Lilo, and Stitch

jennyteb
06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Thank you for the advice. My daughter will be 13 and the boys will be 10 and 5. I know they will enjoy anywhere we go.

brian2000boston
06-25-2009, 11:36 PM
1. Tusker House was our favorite
2. Can't beat the character experience at Chef Mickey's

Have fun!

brownie
06-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Our favorite is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort. The atmosphere is good and I like the layout of the buffet. The food has always been good when we've gone, too.

wdw_bound
06-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Tusker House is our new hands-down favorite - great food selection, character interaction, etc. We made an 8:10 reservation (park opening at 9), and got some of the best family photos with photopass of our entire trip.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

KAT1811
06-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Our favourite two character breakfasts are:

#1) Tusker House in AK. You meet Donald and gang, the food is rather good, and you're right at the safari ride!

#2) Crystal Palace - Pooh & the Gang. Again, the food is decent, and you can get into the MK before it opens.

:ditto: but for us it would be in reverse order with Crystal Palace first. Great breakfast buffet and you can get an early ADR and be in the park before it opens. Nothing beats walking down Main Street with it all to yourselves.

#3) Chef Mickey's

#4) 'Ohana

swampfox28
06-27-2009, 04:28 PM
There are a lot we haven't tried, but we're not huge fans of ChefMickey's (it's too crowded and loud IMO!)

We LOVE the Cape May breakfast as well as the O'hana breakfast..both are AWESOME!

-Sarah

dmallan
06-27-2009, 08:44 PM
There is also a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Characters are Mary Poppins, Pooh and Tigger, and Alice and Mad Hatter.
We enjoyed this one last January.

lighteningqueen
06-28-2009, 02:19 AM
TUSKER #1 in service and good food
Tie with Crystal and
1900 park faire good food here as well different characters

TheRustyScupper
06-28-2009, 07:13 AM
1) Certainly, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace are sentimental favorites.
2) But, like others, we like Tusker House better.
. . . quieter than either CM or CP
. . . greater character interaction
. . . larger food selection
. . . MUCH QUIETER than CM or CP
. . . more relaxed than other character meals
. . . did I mention MUCH, MUCH MORE QUIET?

NOTE: IT was hard to make the decision to move away from CM and CP. But, like choosing Jif over sentimental Skippy, one goes for the best.

swampfox28
06-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Rusty-

Do you like it even more than Cape May at the Beach Club and O'hana breakfast at the Poly?

Both of them seemed quiet and more intimate than Chef Mickey's to me and had neat characters.

I've never tried Tusker House, but was wondering how people would compare it to those...