PDA

View Full Version : Mailbox on Main Street

angiey
06-25-2009, 01:42 PM
My family is hosting a cook-out after our trip to the world. I thought I would mail the invitations while I was at Disney World. Can anyone tell me if there is any special postage or postmark that will be added to my invitations if I mail them from there? I seem to remember a mailbox on Main Street. Is it there and active? Thanks for the help!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-25-2009, 02:11 PM
There are mailboxes on Main Street, but the letters/postcards don't get any special sort of Disney cancellation or mark.

gerald72
06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I believe it is postmarked from Lake Buena Vista.
So if that is special to you, then Yes.

imaprincess!
06-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Hello - just a tip to take stamps with you. I haven't been to WDW in four years, but during my last trip, I looked for stamps and nobody had them.

:write:

dizneefan67
06-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Here my idea for you...

I doodle on my computer ALOT and found that microsoft word processor program is fun to waste time. I also found that you can print envelopes. My idea is t print envelopes with black and white sketchbook characters onto the envelopes with addresses and take them with you and mail from Disney(LBV). As far as special markings try the merchandise shops and ask CM's if they have a stamp that they can stamp your envelopes wth WDW logo or ???? I hope you have a great time!

Will:mickey:

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
We once bought post cards from DTD. The store,(can't remember the name :blush:but it's the first store on your right, sells alot of scrap booking stuff )put stamps on them and they were postmarked Walt Disney World....very cool. We sent one to ourselves at home for a souvenir.:mickey:

06-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Mail is taken from the boxes on Main St. each day, sent to Orlando USPS and they get an Orlando postmark.

TheRustyScupper
06-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Mail is taken from the boxes on Main St. each day, sent to Orlando USPS and they get an Orlando postmark.
. . . includes mail from all resorts

Hello - just a tip to take stamps with you.
. . . all Concierge desks have stamps available

eas423
06-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I second Cinderella's LIW...the Art store in DTD has a special postmark they will do for you. Be aware, I've noticed mail takes a lot longer to get places from WDW, so do it the first day you get there!

Imagineer1981
06-29-2009, 05:39 PM
They should have a special stamp, that would make it an even cooler novelty

KAJUNKING
06-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I second Cinderella's LIW...the Art store in DTD has a special postmark they will do for you. Be aware, I've noticed mail takes a lot longer to get places from WDW, so do it the first day you get there!

i agree about the time, we always mail postcards the day we arrive or the next day, nothing worse than beating your postcards home