PDA

View Full Version : Desired restaurants already booked!

MCeee
06-25-2009, 09:26 AM
We have a trip planned for Sep. 19-26 (8 of us), and when we called early at the 90 day window to get adr's, we were only able to get about half of what we wanted. Ohana's was booked solid THE ENTIRE WEEK (except like 9:45 at night). Le Cellier was booked THE ENTIRE WEEK. Not sure what to do at this point... we have first timers going with us that have heard all our rave reviews of these two restaurants so we're sad that they may not be able to experience these wonderful places. Should we just keep trying? Are people just calling and booking adr's "just in case" a trip to WDW works out for them. Seems like the last time we went (2 yrs. ago), we didn't even have adr's for a couple of places and after a short wait, we went right in. Could that happen again?

SBETigg
06-25-2009, 09:32 AM
You should keep trying. A walk-up is doubtful for that time period, but cancellations happen all the time and you can call up to the day and try to score one. I wouldn't take the risk to rearrange your schedule in hope of a walk up at the last minute, though it could happen if that's what you want to do.

Perhaps book ADRs near there if you want to try and then it's not too far out of your way to give it a shot. And, maybe carry on and show the newbies that those two ADRs may be good, but they won't make or break your trip. There are plenty of great restaurants at WDW. Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe are good options close to 'Ohana. Tokyo Dining, Marrakesh, or Chefs de France might be fun alternatives to Le Cellier. If you can separate from 'Ohana entirely, I think the Animal Kingdom Lodge always makes a good impression, great atmosphere, and Boma is another great meal choice.

Familyof4
06-25-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't think you can book ADRs without a trip planned, but I could be wrong. I thought they asked for your confirmation number and also how would they know you were 90 days out otherwise.
Anyway, have you considered a late lunch instead of a dinner at some of your favorite choices? I know that probably isn't possible at Ohana, but maybe at Le Cellier. Good luck.

MCeee
06-25-2009, 10:13 AM
There was no confirmation asked for... so I guess that's part fo the problem. Adding to that, we're DVC members. Oh well.

MCeee
06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Sorry... has anyone else experienced whether an accomodation confirmation number is asked for or not. The person in our group who called said they didn't ask for it, but I'll check on that too.

momofdisneyprincess
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
No confirmation # needed. Not everyone stays onsite. I usually stay off site so I do not have a confirmation # and book our ressies 90 days out. I "believe" because of that we may be given less of a preference in the tier system. There are so many good restaurants that I'm usually not disappointed with what ever I get.

GottaLvDisney
06-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I'd keep trying since you have nothing to lose... Granted it's not at one of the more popular restaurants, but I was able to get a better time for one of our ADRs online just this morning.

When I called at our 90 day mark, the earliest dinner they had was 4:25, but today I found a 5:20pm. You never know -something could open up.

Seasonscraps
06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Did you try making reservations with the people at Magicial Gatherings? Since you are a group of 8, they may be able to help you out.

Or maybe try for two tables of 4? you can check in early and request that the tables be near each other - it's not the same as being at the same table but it may be a way to get the ADR.

I am sure your friends will have a great time without going to these two places.

Keep trying! Good Luck!

Strmchsr
06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
The problem is you're going during the "free" dining promotion which means everyone at WDW is on the ddp so everyone is trying to get those same popular places. Keep trying as WDW often adds times to the restaurants during the "free" dining period when things book up. Hopefully you can get some things you like, but there's lots of great choices out there.

potzie
06-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Have you tried the new online ADR system? People seem to be able to come up with reservations through the system that otherwise weren't there and also it is much faster to put in the 5 day window and let the system tell you what if anything is available at that restaurant.

Cheers,

Brian

DANAM
06-25-2009, 01:51 PM
I know you said that the CM said that these places where booked solid but I would definatley ask for 2 tables of 4. I told the CM tons of times on the phone that we would take 2 tables of 4 but she said there was nothing. So, because I just couldn't believe there was nothing 90 days out I called back and asked for a table of 4 and all of a sudden there was tons open but nothing at the same time. So we took 8:05 and 8:10. I don't know why the CM didn't think a reservation 5 min apart wouldn't have worked for us.

For the record 'Ohana's was one of the places and we where seated together at the same table. We had to split at 4 places and at all 4 places we sat next to each other if not together.

BMan62
06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
So we took 8:05 and 8:10. I don't know why the CM didn't think a reservation 5 min apart wouldn't have worked for us.

They are not paid to think like that. They are to punch in your times, dates, and party size and get a 'Go/No Go' back from the scheduling computer.

Unless you spell it all out for them, they must assume that you want same time, same place and full party seating.

chucklesheartsdisney
06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't think you can book ADRs without a trip planned, but I could be wrong. I thought they asked for your confirmation number and also how would they know you were 90 days out otherwise.

When I booked my first 2 meals for Sept. 21 and 22 - I did it online without a sign-in - and it did NOT ask for any confirmation #. I found that a little disturbing, so I could see where people may be booking it without a trip planned. I had the same problem with Le Cellier. At 6:02 on the computer it was all booked.

PixieMagic
06-25-2009, 03:23 PM
keep calling and checking online! I was told the same thing when I called on my 90 day mark (May 18th) and I just found an amazing ADR slot at Le Cellier on Friday! It's worth the effort!!

WDWCrazyKaren
06-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm in panic mode for exactly the same reason. We have "traditions" that we stupidly really want to keep. I know, we may have to start new traditions, but it would make me very sad.

Please let us know how things go if you call back!

baby minnie's mommy
06-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I checked online, and Ohana has a table for 8 around 8:25 - 8:45 for the first five nights of your trip. Still late, but better than 9:45. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
06-25-2009, 04:59 PM
When I booked my first 2 meals for Sept. 21 and 22 - I did it online without a sign-in - and it did NOT ask for any confirmation #. I found that a little disturbing, so I could see where people may be booking it without a trip planned. I had the same problem with Le Cellier. At 6:02 on the computer it was all booked.

You don't need to be a resort guest to dining in disney restaurants...none of those guests will have a reservation number. They could be day visitors, live locally or staying at a non-disney resort.

Marker
06-25-2009, 05:25 PM
The first thing I'd do is make sure I had ADRs someplace for those meal times. I think hoping for a walk-in is just setting yourself up for further disappointment. And then yes, keep trying, it may or may not help, but it sure can't hurt.

As for not getting what you wanted, well, I guess that's just part of the game. I'd hate to think the success or failure of anyone's trip was tied that tightly to any given ADR.

With some flexibility of meal times and/or dates, and some thought out options for locations, I think anyone can find a plan that will work for them. If you have to try someplace new, you may discover a gem you never knew about, or you may get to rediscover a place you already love, but haven't had the opportunity to experience recently.

Regardless, you'll be at WDW and you'll have a wonderful time..... if you let yourself.

LudwigVonDrake
06-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Keep calling :call: Something may open up.