PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Treasures

dizneefan67
06-25-2009, 04:38 AM
I know there are alot of hidden treasures to find in the parks. I heard there is a phone somewhere in one of the shops, if you pick it up you eaves drop on the conversation, but don't know what shop or where in the shop.
I know the intercot family knows some of the hidden treasures to look for, can you post what, and where these little treasures are. I am planning to visit soon and want to surprise my partner with these littl treasures! I hope you understand what I am talking about!?

Thanks to everyone who contributes!!!!! :rocks:

Will:magic:

sassafras
06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
At HS, just outside the Indiana Jones' show, there is a rope in the wooded landscaping. It says something like "Don't pull the rope". My husband did and this whole dialogue about "You HAD to pull the rope" started. It's pretty funny. Also, on one of the streets back by the stunt show there is a metal umbrella hooked to a lamp post. It has a button that if you push it, while standing under it, it rains around it. (If it's working. We tried it in May and it wasn't working that day.)

IamBelle
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
When you enter the muppets show in DHS, look immediately to your right. there is a ticket booth that says, something like there is a key ubder the mat. peek under the mat, and there really is a key!

When riding the monorail from the MK to EPCOT, try to ride up front with the driver/captain, it is a pretty view!

brownie
06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Check out the book The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness.

Imagineer1981
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
It really is the hidden treasures that make DIsney a special place (when they are working like the singing in the rain at DHS). I perosnally wouldn't want to say what alot of them are as they are even more special when you discover them yourself rather then seeking them out

Tick-Tock
06-25-2009, 12:53 PM
When you leave the HM, look to the left on the hill to spot the pet cemetary. Most people walk right past it without seeing it at all.

Imagineer1981
06-25-2009, 03:26 PM
When you leave the HM, look to the left on the hill to spot the pet cemetary. Most people walk right past it without seeing it at all.

and in there is a statue/grave for Mr. Toad

Leighler
06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
this is probably too well known but In Tomorrowland there is a talking trash can named PUSH. I believe there is a simliar recycle bin in AK.

shan-ash
06-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I believe a hidden phone is in the back of The Chapeau at Magic Kingdom. Its teh shop where you can design your own mouse ears.
Also, seeing Devine, the tree lady, in Animal Kingdom is awesome!!!

Tink#64
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
During the Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh ride, there is a picture of Mr. Toad handing the deed to Pooh! There's also a picture of Mr. Toad on the floor leaning against the wall!

On Spl Mtn, just before the big drop, one of the gophers says FSU, this was done by one of the imagineers that attended FSU.

There's a classic Mickey created with the plates on the table in the dining room scene in the HM. There are a bunch of cute things to watch for in TT & ST attractions, hidden Mickeys, & other cute Disney stuff!

We love the books, "101 Things You Never Knew About Walt Disney World", by Kevin Yee & "The Walt Disney World Trivia Book", by Louis A. Mongello, we have volumns 1 & 2!

We love to look for & discover new things each trip & looking for these little "secrets" and hidden Mickey's helps make each visit new & different! "Hidden Mickey's" by Steven M. Barrett is alot of fun too!

Have fun! :party:

thesplashmountaineer
06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
near astro Orbiter, there is some kind of intergalactical phone ( I don't remember the exact name).
It is pretty funny.

Figment!
06-26-2009, 09:05 AM
INTERCOT info Central has the Hidden Treasures & Surprises Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp).

As these are unpublished features/entertainment Disney may modify, relocate or remove them with out any notice. Also note that some water related “treasures” may not be operating in times of draught.

DCDisney
06-26-2009, 01:04 PM
If you're staying on-property, you can arrange for a wake up call, and it will be a Disney character who calls in the morning. I've had Mickey, Donald and Stitch.

kemps@wdw
06-28-2009, 12:45 AM
If you stay WL, ask about being the Flag Family of the Day. You'll have the honor of raising the flags at the top (on the roof) of the resort, and the view is INCREDIBLE!
The Mickey profile at the top of the drop @ Splash MT can be seen as you're coming up the hill to the final drop, but can also be seen from the outside.
The pawprints outside Tony's @ the MK.
The names on the upper windows along Main St in honor of Disney Imagineers.
...and so many more!