PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ

epceddie
06-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Has anyone been to this recently?
What was is like? How was the food?
What characters were there?
Does is get chilly at night the first week of November?
Any and all help will be appreciated.

joanna71985
06-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Has anyone been to this recently?
What was is like? How was the food?
What characters were there?
Does is get chilly at night the first week of November?
Any and all help will be appreciated.

I went in Aug. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the food. And the characters were Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale. I definitely will do it again.

TheRustyScupper
06-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Our Ratings of Mickey's BBQ:

. . . food price value: C (if on DDP = F)
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: A
. . . Character interaction: B

yjgirl32
06-25-2009, 08:57 AM
It was a very nice show. Don't expect to get a one one picture w/ our child and the character. My DS3 danced with the characters and I was able to snap some pictures, but there were other kids in the picture too. They dont come to the tables like at other character dinings- ou go to them on the dance floor. We went in May and it wasn't chilly- but Nov it might be. I too liked the food. Good luck and have a great time.

goofynmd
06-25-2009, 01:39 PM
It was a very nice show. Don't expect to get a one one picture w/ our child and the character. My DS3 danced with the characters and I was able to snap some pictures, but there were other kids in the picture too. They dont come to the tables like at other character dinings- ou go to them on the dance floor. We went in May and it wasn't chilly- but Nov it might be. I too liked the food. Good luck and have a great time.

This is good to know. I have contemplated doing the BBQ, but knowing how my son is, I think I will pass. He will dance or sing up a storm at home if its just mom and dad around, but get him in front of other people and kids and he becomes shy. I would hate to waste the money and have him sit in his chair the entire night with no interaction.

Maleficent's Dad
06-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=156786) to read a recent post on the same subject.

epceddie
06-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the great replies!

biggun35
06-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Would our 15 yo son enjoy eating here? He loves ribs, chicken, corn, etc and meeting characters but we are not sure of all the younger kids running around.