PDA

View Full Version : Coffee at AKL

disneykat
06-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Okay. . . here's my question. I'm planning a stay at AKL in September. I love my morning coffee and I'm looking forward to coffee on the balcony in the mornings. My question is to all the disney coffee drinkers out there. . . how is the in-room coffee that is found at AKL? Would one be able to bring their own filters and coffee to use in the pots provided or do they only use the filter packs? Does anyone remember if the pots are basket or cone shaped? I know this seems like a minor detail to many but to a serious coffee drinker at Disney (where good coffee is hard to find) this is important. Thanks for all of the help!:mickey:

greengeen
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
The in-room coffee is the same as at every other WDW resort... it's okay, but not good enough if you are a real coffee lover.

The coffee makers are 4-cup with a small basket. You can bring your own basket filters and coffee (I do). If the filter is too big you can fold it down a little.

disneykat
06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks. I'll plan to pack filters and my starbucks!! :blush:

Dsnygirl
06-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks. I'll plan to pack filters and my starbucks!! :blush:
That is exactly what I did last trip, and it worked out GREAT!! We are staying at the AKL part of our next trip, as well, and I'm bringing my Starbucks... but I am also hoping that they might have some awesome imported coffee to try in the gift shop, and then if I end up loving it and drinking it every morning, then when I take the rest home, my coffee at home will taste like I'm at AKL!! ;) :thumbsup: