PDA

View Full Version : At AllStar Sports with Free Dining! But...

scooterca42
06-24-2009, 12:16 PM
never stayed at an All Star. I have heard good things and not so. Because of our timing it was the only Value available.

We have stayed at Pop. What will the culture shock be like? How are the buses to this hotel? What are the pools like? How are the food court and gift shop?

Thanks! We're just happy to be going, frankly, but I was curious.

lightyearfan
06-24-2009, 01:01 PM
you have nothing to worry about, there is nothing wrong with the All Stars, we've stayed at movies and for our last few trips we've been staying at the music. as far as sports go it can get a little noisy, and i believe that it's the first stop for the buses on that route for the All Stars resorts. the rooms are fine and it is very clean, the themeing is also very nice, the food courts do offer a variety of different choices with 3 different stations and the store is also full of allot of stuff, you'll have a great time.

enjoy your trip
Victor

disneymom15
06-24-2009, 02:19 PM
The All Stars are very similar to POP. The food courts are smaller than POP but still very nice. Don't worry, you'll have a great time.

reneeandmark
06-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Just back from 10 days at DISNEY!!! We stayed at the All Star Movies and actually preferred it over POP. For the times we have been there, the busses were better with the AS resorts. Most times, one ran to EACH resort with only one running to Pop. No matter where you stay, though, you will have a magical time.

brownie
06-25-2009, 10:38 AM
With the power of the Internet, it's easy to find good and bad reviews about any resort. I'd be wary of any place that only received poor reviews.

We've always had good experiences staying at All-Star Movies. We've never stayed at All-Star Sports.

Leighler
06-25-2009, 12:17 PM
I've stayed at AS Sports and wasn't disappointed at all. I would stay there again if need be- not that that's a bad thing there are just other places I'd like to try that I haven't, etc. Rooms were clean, and everything was just as I expected it to be. I agree that if you're at WDW you it'll be magical no matter what. Have fun!!

ransam
06-25-2009, 02:10 PM
don't let them fool you..the all star sports is terrible!!!! you'll hate it...the food is bad... the pools are basically mud filled....There's just one bus that goes to all the parks so it takes forever!! ;)

honestly.. it's awesome...heck i could sleep on the streets and if i was at Disney to me it be deluxe accomodations.....but the resort is great. the pools were wonderful...if you can stay at the football part, it's kind of fun to play catch on the field in the middle..
You're gonna love it!!!

DANAM
06-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Honestly, I think the only difference between the All Star's and POP is the layout. I like the layout of POP better all the rooms seem just a short distance from bus stops and Century hall. Where as the All Stars some of the rooms are so far away. I always suggest preferred rooms at the All Stars not because the quality of the room is better but you are closer to transportation and food. This happened to us during free dining we stayed at Music and actually had a wonderful time. We where in a prefered room that was newly remodled. It was just as nice if not nicer than POP. I am sure you will have a great time either way.

scooterca42
06-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the input! I'm looking forward to staying somewhere new. I considered a Moderate fleetingly, but after DH made pointed comments about what we could buy with the difference I figured we'd be fine where we are...:mickey:

Can't wait!

Imagineer1981
06-25-2009, 03:30 PM
I think with Pop they worked out some of the kinks they had with the All-Stars. My only issue with All-Stars is they seem a little more run down (but hey bettern then the local Holiday Inn), and they are always SO crowded, especially with noisy teens and groups

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2009, 08:02 PM
We stayed at ASMu and my only complaints was the time it took to get to the parks and back. The bus service was not very good especially leaving Epcot to go back to the resort. However the resort(s) were nice and the food court was ok too. No problems with Mousekeeping.

biodtl
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
We have stayed at Movies and Sports and liked them both - clean, fun, and no problems with buses.