PDA

View Full Version : Are they updating new ADR system already?

Pally
06-24-2009, 08:15 AM
I just tried to make an ADR booking on -line and this is the message that came up

"We are currently rolling out a *NEW* online dining application to make your reservation process even easier. Please come back and try our new system when it is available. To make a dining reservation at this time, please call (407) 939-7861. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call."

What does this mean? It has already been out for a couple of days. I wonder when it will be up again. Are other people out there getting the same message?:confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I hope they are updating it so people who book with a travel agent can use the 90+10 booking window!!!

Tink1
06-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I hope they are updating it so people who book with a travel agent can use the 90+10 booking window!!!

Trust me, you are NOT alone!

Sometimes, I wonder if Disney does these things in order to cut us out.

Nanc

magicofdisney
06-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I just made an online reservation about 30 min ago without any problems. It was a little slow moving. Maybe the system is overwhelmed and you got the default message for when they first began integrating this thing.

laprana
06-24-2009, 09:27 AM

:ditto: And DVC members! :D

LoriSan
06-24-2009, 09:44 AM
I got the same error message, so I called. After waiting on hold for 10 minutes, I was told that their system is down too.

DizneyRox
06-24-2009, 10:47 AM
WOW, even the Stitch show lasted longer!

MidnTPK
06-24-2009, 10:52 AM
The whole system isn't down, but there are issues right now. Dinner shows and character meals are showing up with the 'Book a Reservation' button, but no other venues.

Damon18
06-24-2009, 11:09 AM
WOW, even the Stitch show lasted longer!

LOL!! Well at least on-line ADR's is a good idea in theory...

Pally
06-24-2009, 11:26 AM
LOL!! Well at least on-line ADR's is a good idea in theory...

Only yesterday, I was raving about how excellent the on-line service was. It really is disappointing how short lived it was but I have hopes.:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
06-24-2009, 11:30 AM
wow..well hopefully it will be back up and running soon

steamboat willy
06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Just made yet another On-Line ADR at DHS on Fantasmic night without a problem. :eat:
I booked through MJ. I was able to retrieve other ADR booked by phone. :cool:

DizneyRox
06-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes, I'm sure it's just an update, it's not going anywhere. Something like this cuts admin costs, so I'm sure they are working frantically to get this operational.

Checkers
06-24-2009, 11:59 AM
:mickey:This is just my opinion but I really feel Disney needs to fire their IT people and hire some of those really intelligent recent IT college graduates! It seems that every time they initiate a new system it has not really been tested thoroughly. Coming from a business background, I know there can be kinks to be worked out when a new system is introduced, however, when you completely ignore two segments of your customer base (TAs & DVC members), you have a serious problem. JMHO.:)

PixieMagic
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Out of curiosity why can't DVC members and people who used TA's book online?? I am just wondering what the error message is? Curious because although I realize I am much closer than 90 days, I didn't even put in my resi # and I just booked ADR's online with my phone number and name only....

MidnTPK
06-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Out of curiosity why can't DVC members and people who used TA's book online?? I am just wondering what the error message is? Curious because although I realize I am much closer than 90 days, I didn't even put in my resi # and I just booked ADR's online with my phone number and name only....
We can book online...but we can't book 90+10, just 90. That's supposed to be one of the advantages of staying onsite. But since that dining system doesn't recognize those types of reservations we have to call WDW-DINE to make our ADRs at 90+10. Which is slower and involves a long distance call...and long hold time.

MidnTPK
06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
They system looks to be back up and running.

DizneyRox
06-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure if Disney even does their own IT or web development, but in any case, they probably need to look elsewhere.

If I deployed a product like this at my job regularly, I'd be looking for another one. It was a painful process when it was working, I really hope they fix it.

MidnTPK
06-24-2009, 02:49 PM
and it's back down.....:thedolls::mad::beer::marg::ack:

Pally
06-24-2009, 03:05 PM
This is the latest message

Site Maintenance In Progress
Our site is undergoing maintenance, but you can still book a vacation and buy tickets. We'll return shortly! And we apologize for the inconvenience.

We can only hope!:thumbsup:

motherof4
06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
I just made a online res about an hour ago and did not have a problem but I did have a problem canceling one

brian2000boston
06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
This is the latest message

Site Maintenance In Progress
Our site is undergoing maintenance, but you can still book a vacation and buy tickets. We'll return shortly! And we apologize for the inconvenience.

We can only hope!:thumbsup:

we get the same, here is hoping that they will soon be able to pull my reservation up for online dining ADR's.

pixiesmimi
06-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I was able to go in about 10:00 this morning and cancel two reservations. Then I went back in to check on another reservation and couldn't pull anything up except the Dinner Show at the Poly. I figured it must be down for maintenance but haven't tried going back in to check this afternoon.

I did notice something though. When I made my ADRs at 90 days on the phone, they asked for my confirmation # and telephone #. I gave my home phone. But online, it asks for the phone number that you can be reached at while on vacation (how many people bother to take their cell phones while on vacation?) so I thought about it and thought maybe it was in case they needed to reach you about your reservation ahead of time. I gave my cell phone number because I thought, why would I give my home phone which they couldn't reach me at? Well, this ADR can only be pulled up with the cell phone number and all the rest with my home phone number. So my question is, will this reservation be combined with the rest on my dining plan reservations or is it separate and does it make a difference as long as I give the right number with it? There was no way to go in and change it to the other phone number. Do I need to call and have it changed?