PDA

View Full Version : Safari Dinner Report

casey@bat
06-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Our group of 20 people did the Safari Celebration Dinner at AK. It is offered for grand gathering groups. We will not be doing it again. It cost around $65 each! The park closed at 7:00 the day we did it so we had to meet at Flilghts of Wonder at 6:30. At 7:00 we were seated and Momma Dacia talked to us about our night. Then we followed our guide to the Kilamonjaro Safari ride. Our guide gave us informatin that you wouldn't get on the regular Safari and it went a little slower. We saw all 3 of the Cheetahs! The buffet at Tusker House was delicious. They had lots of what I would consider gourmet items including couscous with sweet basil and 3 or 4 salsas/dipping sauces. They had roast beef and pork tenderloin, rotisserie chicken legs, smashed potatoes, brown gravy, a variety of breads and lots of kid friendly items. I can't remember what else but it was a lot. The dessert was great! Baklava, chocolate cake, and some other mini desserts and fresh fruits. 3 guys played instruments. We got to pet a lizzard and see a tarantula. Timon and Raffiki did a meet and greet. We were through eating by 9:00 and thought we were going to have to wait on some more people to fill up a bus taking us back to the camp ground. But we didn't because we almost filled up the bus.

It was a very late night considering we were getting up early the next morning to go to MK.

If you want to do this dinner, I would suggest doing it on a night that AK closes at 5:00.

They need to do some kind of picture of your group like they do at the Hoop Dee Do. And if they had a stage with some of the dancers from Festival of the Lion King it would be awesome.

Everyone had a good time but it was not worth $65.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like a nice, yet expensive evening! I'm glad you enjoyed it though :mickey: