PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Halloween Party

imaprincess!
06-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Could you experts out there fill me in on the party/parade? Is it worth the extra $ ???

Thanks!

SFD998
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I have not been to MNSSHP (Oct will be the first time), but I have been to several MVMCP and we have enjoyed ourselves. However, everything I have read and heard is that this is one of the best and that the parade is one that can't be missed. Either way we will be there 10/22.

Strmchsr
06-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp) to get the low down in Info Central.

DisneyHoneymooners
06-23-2009, 11:02 AM
We have gone to the Halloween Party for the past 4 years and we love it!!! The parade is amazing-but also the way everything gets transformed into the Halloween theme. We absolutely think it's worth the money. And, if you go during the week(we're going on 9/22)the tickets are cheaper AND the park is less crowded!!!

GottaLvDisney
06-23-2009, 11:15 AM
We've only been once so I'm by no means an expert, but we loved it. The kids had such a great time trick-or-treating around the park, the rides had fairly short wait times and it was just a great atmosphere. For us, it is definitely worth the $$$ and we'll be going again this year. :thumbsup: Can't wait.

Imagineer1981
06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
We have gone 3 times and every time we think it is worth the money. FIrst its like EMH because the lines are short, the atmosphere and themeing really transformers the park, and the parade and fireworks can't be missed

seanyred
06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
The last time we went was in 2005 but we loved it so much we went twice in one trip. The Parade is the best and if the ground is dry a special guest starts off the parade.

DANAM
06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
We have only done the party once but it was very worth it. I suggest getting there early at 4pm and either eat at a CS later in the evening or use TS for lunch. We had ADR's for Crystal Palace for 5pm and didn't get out of there until 7:30ish. We did PPP and arrived at 4pm and were able to see all the special shows and ride some rides.

The parade is wonderful but be ready for the headless horseman. When you hear him have your camara ready because he will flash right by. We spent a majority of the time trick or treating and getting character autograph's. I would definatly do this party again.

threeh
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
This trip will be our 4th time going. It is fun, the fireworks are amazing. We go in real early, I think they start letting you get in at 4pm. We usually do really good and get on quite a few rides from 4-8pm. One party it did get pretty crowded, but I've heard the place starts to empty out after the 2nd parade. We are going to go on Nov 1st this year since we will be travelling on Halloween.
IMHO it is worth it. The mood is totally festive, they play halloween music and it is just lots and lots of fun!! Go early, stay late. Have fun!!:thumbsup:

tinkerbellgrl45
06-23-2009, 06:15 PM
it is so much fun. my family and i have been there about 5 times and we r going again this oct. the parade can NOT be missed. it is one of the best parades out there.:mickey:

joanna71985
06-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I love MNSSHP. It is so much fun! I am looking forward to going again in the fall.

crazeedizneefinatic
06-23-2009, 06:54 PM
If you have never experienced it I would say go..if you like Disney everyone needs to experience it..the parade is nice and the kids will like the trick or treating. I have to say I am in the minority here to justify the extra $270 for our family to attend just is not worth it year after year. We have done it in the past and the parade has not changed and they have actually cut alot of the nice perks that the older parties offered. I don't mean to sound like I dislike the party, I don't, its a nice atmosphere but we would rather add on an additional full day than just a few hours since we have already done it.

joonyer
06-24-2009, 01:43 PM
MNSSHP is one of our favorite WDW experiences. We don't do it every year, but the Boo to You parade and Hallowishes fireworks are worth the extra price of admission (not to mention all the candy that a family of 4 can collect). It's less crowded, too and attraction waits are almost non-existent, at least if you go before Halloween week.

prttynpnk
06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
We love it. I echo all the praise you've already read. I wouldn't miss it. :mickey:

steamboat willy
06-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Us two big kids celebrating our 25th have been once and have already received our tickets for our September trip this year. :thumbsup:
GREAT event for both young and young at heart. The park is yours with very little waits. The Boo To You Parade is awsome and my DW likes the Hallowishes Fireworks better than Wishes on a regular night. Trick or treating is available and the decorations and special effects on some rides very cool.
It's a no miss event for us.
:pumpkin::bat::pumpkin::bat::pumpkin:

DadTriton
06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
I'd say it matters if you are really into Halloween or not. We like Halloween and fall but we love Christmas time. We have been to both parties and I would only pay again for MVMCP, we simply enjoy Christmas more.
But the MNSSHP was great fun too.
We always sing the "boo too you" song every Halloween. The headless horseman is amazing. I'd say do it once.