PDA

View Full Version : What time for Mickey's Toontown open?

Sweetpea29488
06-22-2009, 02:30 PM
What time does Toontown open and what time can you start lining up for the characters?

Taking niece for her first visit and she really wants to see the characters.

We already have a lunch booked for Crystal Palace so she can see Pooh and Company.

DANAM
06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
You know I never could get a straight answer on this one. On our last trip I called Disney 3 time prior to arrival and asked twice once I got there. Everyone said it openned when the park openned. We where there for EMH Am and headed to Toon Town at park open and it wasn't open. The cast member standing by the rope said it would open 1 hour after official park openning. We wanted to get to the characters before the line got too long so we headed back at 20 til and it was already open. I was so upset becasue the princess room had over 1 hour wait. So I can't figure out what time they really open. I suggest going at park open and just wait until they drop the rope.

estein80
06-22-2009, 04:03 PM
We were told 10 on our last trip. When we went (during a slower time on a Tuesday) there was already a 45-60 minuted wait. I did hear that if you wait until later in the day it's not as bad as people try to get there early. I don't know if that's true or not. When we went with our nephew in March there was a 30-45 minute wait for Mickey and Minnie around 1 (I think). I know we did it right after lunch.

joanna71985
06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Officially Toontown opens at 10am. Unofficially, Toontown has been opening around 9:45 lately. So I would get in line around 9:30.

jcvalenti
06-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Toontown was posted as a 10am opening today, and it didn't open until 10am. Not a long wait for anything though, even 1/2 hour after opening. My son was able to ride Barnstormer 3 times in a row and only on the last ride did he even have to wait ... and even then only for 2 cars to fill.