PDA

View Full Version : Need you thoughts on a Graco Stroller

Itchy
06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
I would like your valued opinion.
My daughter has scored a Graco Duo Glide for our next vacation in August for her kids.

The best part so far is the price almost new for nothing, zip, nada.:thumbsup:

My question is how well does it work getting it on and off the buses. In the past with my other daugther we have only had a single umbrella stroller which worked great.

Any thought or advise would be appreciated.

54 days and counting till my next visit.:mickey:

Flower
06-22-2009, 06:51 PM
We have traveled to Disney with both the Graco duo-glide and the BabyTrend sit-n-stand.

I paid $20 for my duo-glide and it was well-worth every penny for our Disney trip - I was dreading having to pay rental fees and ended up finding the stroller at a yardsale about 2 weeks before our trip (score!!!)

I loved the duo-glide at Disney BUT it is bulky on the buses and it can seem heavy. Considering the short period of time you will be on the bus - IT IS WELL WORTH 'lugging' your own stroller.

Some people are going to tell you to rent and don't worry about taking your own, but I would not travel without my own stroller. You need a stroller around the resorts and you need a stroller if you are going to DTD.

As for the BabyTrend sit-n-stand, we lucked out on our most recent trip. We traveled with friends and we were all on the bus heading to the MK. A man got to talking to my friend and told him we had 3 boys. He told us to come to his hotel room that night and pick up the sit-n-stand - someone had given it to him at POP when he/his family arrived and their only stipulation for him keeping it was that he pass it on to another family when he left - we got to be that lucky family!

The sit-n-stand was awesome with the 3 boys (ages 5,5, & 2), even though they say it is only for 2 children. It is lighter than the duo-glide which makes it a little easier to 'lug' on/off the bus. The BabyTrend does not have as much cargo room as the Duo-glide and for that I love the duo-glide.

They both have their pros & cons but considering you got yours for free - I definitely recommend taking it!

Incidentally, I ended up purchasing a new babyTrend when we got home (We left the one at Disney with a family from PA). Even though my boys are 2 & 5 I would not travel to the zoo or Disney without a stroller. If one gets tired and whiney, the other is sure to follow and I can't carry both of them. It was time for us to move up to the sit-n-stand because the 5 yo is way too big to sit down, but now he can stand if he gets tired and we are at a place where we need to walk alot.

Itchy
06-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Thank you for your response.

We have traveled with my other grand daughter and having your own stroller as you stated is a must.

We did not need a double and the single was very easy to get on and off of the bus with.

I encouraged my daughter ( this trip ) to just get two unbrella strollers as they take up less room on the buses. ( this is her second trip and first with little ones )

Well dear old dad does not know what he is talking about. She said that she would just deal with it.

I just hope she does not regret her decision.

Again thank you.:mickey:

Skippy
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
We took our Graco duo last time we went (they were 2 and 4). It is a lug to get on the bus, but was worth it for the guys to be comfortable and be able to nap.

Also the storage underneath was great for stashing snacks, drinks, baby wipes etc.

DizneyRox
06-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Just be on the lookout with those big ole strollers; there's other poeple on the bus too. We've travelled with ours with that in mind.

brownie
06-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I liked the light weight and small umbrella stroller for flying. we rented strollers at the parks, which worked well for us.