PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan for more than one ADR, just in case?

KAT1811
06-22-2009, 01:48 PM
I have 41 days until I can book my ADRs :joy: and I am thinking that I will "double plan" my ADRs this year. I usually am able to get mostly what I am looking for and if not then I shoot off a few other eateries off the top of my head :scratch: that we also like but. . .

This year I am thinking that I am going to actually plan :write: one or two backups on my spreadsheet just in case I cannot get our first picks when I call for ADRs (looks like I am going to have to call :fit: because of my DVC reservation). I am usually thrown for a loop :dizzy: when I cannot get into a particular restaurant and figured this might help. Do you all "plan" other ADRs in case your first picks are not avaliable when you call or do you wing it? :wave:

(Just to clarify so no one gets upset. . . I am not planning on actually booking more than one ADR just planning on a back up if the first picks are all booked when I call)

momofdisneyprincess
06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for clarifying..people would have definitley gotten upset if you were double booking.:mickey:

Yes, I always have a back up dining plan when I make my ressies. I list them in order of importance and start with my most important first. I will list alternate times/dates next to the restaurant of choice (and each restaurant thereafter). I will also list a backup restaurant if none of my dates/times are available.

Good luck!

BMan62
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
"You talkin' ta me?" :thedolls:

For our upcoming 8 night stay, I listed 12 TS restaurants/shows that we would be interested in and ranked them in order of desire.

When I called to make the ADRs, I went down the list, one at a time, until I filled the 8 allowed TS credits on the DDP.

Luckily, because we are very flexible on where we want to be on what day and what hour we want to eat, we were able to get all of our top picks - 6 regular TS meals and HDD.

Saron the Great
06-23-2009, 12:21 AM
YES!!!!!

I had a sheet with all of my requests for each day, and had 3 places numbered 1-3 just in case I had to resort to other plans, come to find out I did not need them!!

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I have a few restaurants as backups just in case. I've only needed to refer to them once and that was because I couldn't get Le Cellier for lunch or dinner.

DANAM
06-23-2009, 12:43 PM
I actually plan a back up for ever ADR I make and then some alternatives. We have DDP and I normally book 2 extra ADR's that we pay OOP for. Plus if something happens and we have to cancel and ADR we always have a back up. Although this has only happened once.

tinksmom02
06-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I only had a backup plan for Spoodles this time around. Normally I just pick the restaurants I want, but am flexible with times, and even days if necessary. That usually works for me (although I don't bother attempting LeCellier or CRT anymore!).

brownie
06-23-2009, 05:47 PM
I have never planned back-ups, but I never had a problem in the past. If there's free dining during the time of our next trip, I think I'll definitely have alternate choices ready to go.