PDA

View Full Version : Mid June

SueQ
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
How bad are the crowds?? when do they start getting really really busy?? And how bad is the heat usually then??

SueQ
06-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Maybe Thursday June 3rd till Tuesday June 8th?? Or Thursday June 10th till Tuesday June 15th?? What are your thoughts??

Strmchsr
06-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Crowds are moderate, but they generally don't start getting really heavy until towards the end of the month. As for the weather, the "average" high right now in Orlando is 91, but you can get mid 80s to upper 90s this time of year (hence the "average"). Regardless, count on hot and humid with a chance of an afternoon thunderstorm each day.

eeyorerocks
06-22-2009, 01:32 PM
We actually just got back on Friday from a 9 day trip and the temperatures were very warm (mid to high 90's) and the crowds were moderate. We have been in June before and I would say it was definitely warmer this time, but the crowds were about the same. Our game plan most days was to go to a park in the morning until around 12 or 1 and head back to the hotel for some swimming and rest and go back out to the parks around 5 or so. This worked for us really well - we did not use FP at all and I think the longest we waited for any ride was 40 minutes (Soarin). On one evening we actually went to Magic Kingdom and walked on POC, HM, 10 min wait for BTMM & SM, Pooh, 5 min wait for Buzz, etc. - it was awesome!

Have fun planning and a GREAT trip:mickey:

MOJoe
06-23-2009, 10:23 AM
We just got back from a June trip - 6th through the 13th. We found the crowds to be quite light the first few days. But they grew daily until on Friday the 12th, the Studios and MK were packed.
Same with the heat. I talked to several people who all said the heat was not bad at this time. It wasn't until mid-week that it chased us back to our hotel room in the afternoon.
All this also depends on what you are accustomed too. It's hot, but not as bad as July or August. And it's crowded. But not at peak summer levels.

estein80
06-23-2009, 11:32 AM
We just got back from a
Same with the heat. I talked to several people who all said the heat was not bad at this time. It wasn't until mid-week that it chased us back to our hotel room in the afternoon.
All this also depends on what you are accustomed too. It's hot, but not as bad as July or August. And it's crowded. But not at peak summer levels.

I just wanted to add that though it is normally hot in FL in June, it is not normally this hot. We live in southern Florida and it has been way above average. In fact I think we've had the hottest days since we moved her 4 years ago, and that is including August, when it gets really hot!

#1donaldfan
06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
...we normally like mid June...but just returing, (we stayed from 13 - 20) the heat was way above average and the crowds were above average.....as a matter of fact Friday night was like NYE !!!

Babe the Blue Ox
06-24-2009, 03:45 PM
We were there June 3-13. Through Sunday the 7th the crowds were very manageable. Then on Monday the 8th it was as if they opened the floodgates and the crowds seems to triple in size for the rest of the week.

On the 9th, I remember them commenting on the news that the temperatures hadn't hit the 90's yet in June. It started getting really hot by the 11th though.

Mom2princesses
06-25-2009, 03:44 PM
We just got back. We went from 6/16 to 6/23. Florida actually had record heat for the month of June so far. It reached 99 degrees on one or two days! It was extremely hot. We have gone in August as well and it was just as hot if not hotter due to the heat wave. So just plan on HOT you never know. There were large crowds. We have gone the end of August and the crowds in August were far less. The crowds in June were much higher. We avoided DHS on Fantasmic nights and found that it help tremendously. We also hit Epcot and Animal Kingdom on suggested days by all of the Tourguide sites. We still had a great time. You just need to hit the parks early, take a break in the afternoon and head back in the early evening. The parks are open longer during the summer months.

Drink lots of water and you'll be fine.