PDA

View Full Version : Lunch vs Dinner

Going2HeavenRU
06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
We have decided to do mainly lunches with the DDP this trip to free up our evenings even though the menu's are different.

Has anyone found it easier to get an ADR for lunch as opposed to dinner?

An example of where we are trying to go is Teppan Edo, 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi Theater.

pluto 77
06-21-2009, 02:50 PM
We have eaten at the restaurants you mentioned. We have never had a problem getting ADRs at any of them, and I think they were all lunches. Good luck!

Going2HeavenRU
06-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the quick response, Pluto 77. I am just anxious about finally completing the last part of our vacation - the dreaded ADR's.

Strmchsr
06-21-2009, 03:25 PM
The places you mentioned aren't incredibly hard to get for lunch or dinner (except, occasionally, Prime Time), but lunch is definitely easier.

mouseketeer mom
06-21-2009, 03:50 PM
We have decided to do mainly lunches with the DDP this trip to free up our evenings even though the menu's are different.

Has anyone found it easier to get an ADR for lunch as opposed to dinner?

An example of where we are trying to go is Teppan Edo, 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi Theater.

So funny, because this is what we decided for our upcoming trips too. A late lunch to free up our evenings.

ElenitaB
06-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Someone is bound to post to this thread that lunches aren't the best use of your DDP credits. However, I look at the DDP as a convenience. You might break even economically, but by runnng your vacation, your way, you'll definitely win when it comes to having an enjoyable time. :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
06-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I mix 'em up making some ADR's lunch, some dinner depending on which park we are in. You shouldn't have any problem making ADR's for the 3 restaurants you mentioned and all 3 are very good.

nicster
06-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Yes, we are mixing it up with a couple of ADR's that give us Hoop Dee Doo & the Luau, then the rest are lunches. We figured we didn't like our dinner ADR's running our vacation. Thanks for the validation on this reasoning, I'll post when we return at beginning of October.

DANAM
06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Someone is bound to post to this thread that lunches aren't the best use of your DDP credits. However, I look at the DDP as a convenience. You might break even economically, but by runnng your vacation, your way, you'll definitely win when it comes to having an enjoyable time. :thumbsup:

I would agree with this. You may not be saving a bunch with the plan but for convenience it's worth it. Plus you could also add some expensive dinners to those moderate lunches and could still save.

omearac
06-22-2009, 04:36 PM
I like a ADR's for lunch too. It's much easier to have a smaller dinner and walk off the calories from lunch than the other way around.:mickey:

Going2HeavenRU
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Fortunately, we are going during the free dining promotion so we are not going to be losing any money by doing lunches. If we were paying, I would have done dinners only.

BTW, we are going to try to do some dinners if we can get them: Cinderellas castle, Garden Grill and the Hoop De Do Review

Phantod
06-22-2009, 09:06 PM
We're also on the free dining plan. But it's not as free as it used to be. This year (first time for us), we will have to pay for the tips.

And the tips for lunch will be cheaper than for dinner, typically. So maybe it all works out in the end. :cool:

threeh
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
A few trips ago we started doing a late lunch (we call it lupper) and it worked out so good. We had a good meal and were pretty open to do what we wanted at night. Also we were able to get into places that may otherwise be booked for dinner. We are big fans of park hopping so would usually end up someplace else at night. IMO you can't go wrong with lupper!!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
06-23-2009, 03:02 PM
A few trips ago we started doing a late lunch (we call it lupper) and it worked out so good. We had a good meal and were pretty open to do what we wanted at night. Also we were able to get into places that may otherwise be booked for dinner. We are big fans of park hopping so would usually end up someplace else at night. IMO you can't go wrong with lupper!!:thumbsup:

Tracy!!! So funny!! WE call it Linner.!!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with linner!

lighteningqueen
06-23-2009, 03:25 PM
We did the Brunch thing meaning we ate a late breakfast buffet for our TS and then did counter just whenever we felt like it and got to do so much more last time. This time we opt for no DDP because the food just wasn't that good to go back to some of the places we did. We paid out of pocket last dec and the Dec before we did DDP.
We did so much better and spent so much less this past time so this time no TS and just go with the flow, since there is no grandchildren this time and DD or DSIL we can do what we please and eat things DSIL is very very picky so had to limit last time.

threeh
06-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Tracy!!! So funny!! WE call it Linner.!!!!!!!! You can't go wrong with linner!

that almost made me spit out my drink!!! Thanks for the laugh:thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
06-24-2009, 11:17 AM
I have always found it easier to get ADRs for lunch as opposed to dinner and since the majority of things on the menu are the same I have not been disappointed. This year I only booked one dinner but it is at the Castle