PDA

View Full Version : Help me fight the urge!!

Jeri Lynn
06-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I have been saving coins and bills since my last Disney vacation in October of 2008. I have a piggy bank which I affectionately call Pepere' Pig (it belonged to my Pep) and he is getting sooo heavy and full!!!

I keep telling myself not to open the pig until the middle of July (I picked a date when my DH will be away)...I am soooo craving to open him now and roll all the change.

I am anticipating having enough $$ to pay for my portion of our BCV this year and maybe a little more!! My tickets and dining plan will be covered by my rewards dollars!!

Should I just open him up and be done with it...another rainy day is upon us here in NE!!

Or should I wait!!!

Help!!!!:blush:

garymacd
06-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Fight the urge!

Nah, don't bother fighting the urge!

Book your trip!

Okay, I made it this far: What the heck is a Pep?

Jeri Lynn
06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
The trip is already booked!!

A Pep, is short for Pepere' which is Grandfather in French!!

Still beating the urge!!

Hull-onian
06-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Since the trip is booked, now plan all your dining. It's all about the food. :tasty:

SBETigg
06-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Fight the urge. The anticipation is part of the fun. Not long now. :thumbsup:

Ed
06-21-2009, 02:22 PM
I'll help you fight the urge. :thumbsup:

Wrap the pig in several layers of bubble wrap;
Place it in a sturdy cardboard box, surrounded by plenty of packing 'peanuts';
Seal the box and mark it FRAGILE;
Take it to the Post Office and mail it to:

TIGGTIGG5
C/O Intercot Headquarters
Intercot, USA:D

No need to thank me :nono: ; I'm here to serve.

:cool:

Jeri Lynn
06-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Tigg Tigg you crack me up!!

So far I am winning!!

My DH flight delay is making it harder because with this New England rain I am bored silly.

Maybe I will put in a Disney movie and watch it with Pepere' pig!

Jeri Lynn
07-01-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm still hanging in there...the date to open my piggy bank is fast approaching...the weekend of July 10th my DH will be away and I will be rolling change!!!!!

tinklover
07-01-2009, 01:32 PM
You can do it, only 9 more days to go.
Your post got to me becuase my maternal grandparents were memere' and pepere' and now my mom goes by memere' for my children. Pretty cool to find someone else who has the same terms for their grandparents.

Jeri Lynn
07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
My Memere' and Pepere' were the best. When they were both gone and my Mom was cleaning their house out she took the piggy bank home, then when my parents sold their house they got rid of a bunch of stuff...I went over one day to find Pepere's Piggy bank in the dumpster, I crawled in to rescue him, and he has graced my house for quite a while now, he is a bank/door stop...he's battered and is missing paint all over, everyone tells me to repaint him but I won't, I want him just the way he was when my grandparents had him.

Jeri Lynn
07-10-2009, 06:06 AM
OK everyone!!! Tonight I am opening the bank!!!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
07-10-2009, 07:06 AM
OK everyone!!! Tonight I am opening the bank!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear how much!!! Have fun:mickey:

TheVBs
07-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Wow! Great story! I'm all excited now too. Can't wait to hear how it goes. We've saving change too. We're using a milk jug I washed out and let the girls decorate with Disney stickers, pictures and things they cut out from old park maps. I'd love to see a picture of Pepere' Pig.

Jeri Lynn
07-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I will figure out how to post a picture of Pepere' Pig!!!

We emptied him tonight.

I weighed him before we emptied him and he weighed 28lbs.

I had $281 in coins, $519 in paper money which gives me a grand total of $800 !!!!

This amount will cover my portion of our 2BR BCV rental and my airfare!!

When Pepere' pig was empty he weighed 6.2lbs

Now I will start saving for next year. :mickey:

I started saving this money last October after I emptied him for last years trip!!

The urge is gone!!! Now I just have to wait until November 29th!!!

chaodj9
07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Congrats Its Always an amazing trip to disney,
Enjoy the anticipation Its all part of the fun:trophy:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-19-2009, 12:34 AM
WOW! I save my change and consider myself lucky if I have $100. Now your pre-trip anticipation is going to be fun.

mouseneer
07-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Wow...Pep must be huge !! Next time you have the urge to splurge, take Pep to my credit union....they love telling people 'no' what it comes to giving out money...

Jeri Lynn
07-19-2009, 07:30 AM
I can say it felt good to empty the pig.

I do not work outside the home so I save all my change and extra bills so that I feel like I am contributing to my own vacation. My DH never makes me feel like I have to but it is something I like to do. It felt good to pay off the DVC rental this week.

Pep Pig is actually not all that big of a bank, he is about one foot tall and then maybe 8 inches wide. It's funny now to hear the change go in and make noise as it hits the bottom, I am saving for next year!!