PDA

View Full Version : How to get to my breakfast from SSR!

PhantomTabitha
06-21-2009, 06:22 AM
We are going to make our ADRs in the next few days, eeeeee it's exciting!! We've decided that for breakfast we will mainly be going to Chef Mickeys, Boma and 1900 park fair. I have two questions about this really. If you were to go to one of those a bit more regularly, baring in mind how long it takes to get to each of these places using Disney transport from SSR, which would it be?. Also, how would you recomend best getting to these restaurants from SSR? Thank you! :mickey:

badkitty
06-21-2009, 01:00 PM
For Chef Mickey's and 1900, I would take the bus to MK and then the resort monorail to the Contemporary or GF.

For Boma, I think you would need to take the bus to AK and then once there, transfer to the AKL bus. Or, you could take the boat to DTD and then from there, take the bus to AKL.

I would allow at least an hour to an hour and a half.

If time is of an issue, you could take a taxi.

Others may have better alternatives.

MinnieMommie
06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
I have made all these connections with my family so here is what has worked for us in the past. It is easy to get to CR or GF from SSR. Like the op suggests you can just take the bus to MK and then hop the monorail to the resorts. I have found it a bit quicker to take the GF boat instead of the monorail from the MK. I think 45 minutes should be enough time.

Not sure how early your reservations are but you can take a bus (or boat or walk depending on where you will be staying at SSR) to DD and then get a bus directly to GF, CR or AKL. The other option for Boma is to take a bus to AK and then a bus to AKL.

The transportation is a bit tedious but the food is well worth it. :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I've never had terribly good luck with the busses at SSR, but even when staying at other resorts, I leave myself an hour to get to meals. You never know when the busses will slow down, or the monorail has a delay.

One last thing: you didn't mention what time you're planning on dining. If you go for an early breakfast, there is a "character breakfast" that leaves the resorts around 7:15.