PDA

View Full Version : GCH like WDW WL?

hauntedmansiongirl
06-21-2009, 04:47 AM
We are still trying to narrow down hotels and are now thinking of staying right at DLR. I know that the GCH is really expensive, but it looks amazing. We love the WL at WDW and wondered if it was similar. Thanks so much for any help! :mickey:

NotaGeek
06-21-2009, 04:54 AM
The GCH is built in the same theme and design as the other Lodges in the Disney Family. They the same general type of hotel with a huge high lobby ... room layouts are typical and depending on the rooms can be a bit smaller than the other 2 hotels at DLR. i stayed at the GCH this past March and I loved it!

badkitty
06-21-2009, 01:16 PM
The Grand Californian is absolutely beautiful and reminds me of the WL (at least of what I have seen). I would love to be able to stay there. I always end up across the street at the Best Western. LOL.

DVC2004
06-23-2009, 11:43 AM
It's very similar and worth every penny. There is a private entrance attached to Disney's California Adventure park. If you can, splurge for the theme park view. It's awesome to look at Paradise Pier at night all lit up.

We are DVC members and have used our points to stay there several times. We just added on more points at the new VIllas at Grand Californian- that's how much we love the Grand Cal!

NotaGeek
06-23-2009, 12:01 PM
It's very similar and worth every penny. There is a private entrance attached to Disney's California Adventure park. If you can, splurge for the theme park view. It's awesome to look at Paradise Pier at night all lit up.

We are DVC members and have used our points to stay there several times. We just added on more points at the new VIllas at Grand Californian- that's how much we love the Grand Cal!
With DCA torn up, honestly the Park View room isn't worth if for a couple of years IMO ... and the resort view rooms with 2 queen beds and a day bed aren't available with resort view ... and the rooms are BIG. :thumbsup: