PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day of Epcot Food & Wine Fest...

clou1028
06-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I am going to be at WDW Sep 23 - 27th. First day of the Food and Wine fest is Sep 25th. Do you think it will be exceptionally busy/crowded that day? I'd like to go, but I am worried opening day will draw larger than normal crowds.

Daisy'sMom
06-21-2009, 09:57 AM
We are going over to spend a few days with family. We will be there from the 24th to the 29th. I don't think the that Friday will be exceptionally crowded, but the crowds tend to pick up on the weekends. That's when the locals come over. This past year, we swore we would never go to Epcot on a Saturday or Sunday during the wine fest again. It was horrible, saw so many that should have stopped at one, if you knw what I mean. And the more they drank, the louder and more obnoxious they got. It was not pretty. We were very dissappointed.

clou1028
06-21-2009, 10:35 AM
We are going over to spend a few days with family. We will be there from the 24th to the 29th. I don't think the that Friday will be exceptionally crowded, but the crowds tend to pick up on the weekends. That's when the locals come over. This past year, we swore we would never go to Epcot on a Saturday or Sunday during the wine fest again. It was horrible, saw so many that should have stopped at one, if you knw what I mean. And the more they drank, the louder and more obnoxious they got. It was not pretty. We were very dissappointed.

Oh that's really unfortunate! I am not into that scene at all, thanks for letting me know. I'm all for having a few wine and beer samples, though! I prefer just enough to get smiley. :D

Maybe Friday is the better day to go, then. I am really looking forward to it, I think we are going to have a really nice time this year, because we are going 'low key", just relaxing and taking on a more leisurely schedule.

Phantod
06-21-2009, 11:10 AM
We'll be there at the same time. I guess we will just skip Epcot on the weekend. But we'll have to be there for the shows during the following week.....Richard Marx and Starship....way cool!

TikiLounger
06-21-2009, 12:28 PM
We'll be there during that time, too. Unfortunately, a good portion of our stay will BE the weekend days. I guess we can't avoid it. DH and I are going alone though, so at least the kids won't be wandering around with the "one too many" crowd. Plus, we're staying at the Beach Club, so we can just walk "home" if it gets to be too crowded and loud. A few years ago, we vacationed with friends and we just happened to be there during the Food and Wine Festival. I can't really say that I noticed it being very crowded...it seemed like a regular day in the parks, to me. We may have been there on a weekday, though...can't remember.

TheRustyScupper
06-21-2009, 12:48 PM
1) Epcot will be a mob scene!
2) There is one way to beat the opening weekend crowds at F&WF.
3) Go to Universal.

clou1028
06-21-2009, 01:44 PM
1) Epcot will be a mob scene!
2) There is one way to beat the opening weekend crowds at F&WF.
3) Go to Universal.

I am not looking to go to Universal this trip, but thanks so much for the suggestion. I'll be going to Epcot either way, and I am sure I will have a good time either way.

clou1028
06-21-2009, 01:49 PM
We'll be there during that time, too. Unfortunately, a good portion of our stay will BE the weekend days. I guess we can't avoid it. DH and I are going alone though, so at least the kids won't be wandering around with the "one too many" crowd. Plus, we're staying at the Beach Club, so we can just walk "home" if it gets to be too crowded and loud. A few years ago, we vacationed with friends and we just happened to be there during the Food and Wine Festival. I can't really say that I noticed it being very crowded...it seemed like a regular day in the parks, to me. We may have been there on a weekday, though...can't remember.

Yeah the last two times I have been there have been in October - but last time we didn't make it to World Showcase, only Future World. The trip prior to that was a business trip and I think my time at Epcot was limited to a private dinner, and then a private dessert reception to watch Illuminations.

I'd like to experience a little bit of the Food & Wine fest this time! :)

clou1028
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
We'll be there at the same time. I guess we will just skip Epcot on the weekend. But we'll have to be there for the shows during the following week.....Richard Marx and Starship....way cool!

Yes it is! I was just looking at the schedule for the entertainment . Looks like a lot of good ones will be there!

tinksmom02
06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
We were there for the F&WF opening day in 2007, and while I didn't notice anyone who'd have a few too many, it was very crowded in WS...lots of lines at the kiosks and such. I was pretty disappointed, because there were things we'd wanted to do/see/eat, but it was too crowded (it was also our last day).

wdwnomad
06-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I think I have been to a few of the openings of the F&W Festival. For the past few years I always go down to the last week of September.

I really like going during the day because it is not really crowded. I would recommend this for you too. As the day goes on it does get pretty crowded. Typically, Friday night is evening EMH for Epcot. So you have that plus probably the locals who stop by after work.

Disney Doll
06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I think I have been to a few of the openings of the F&W Festival. For the past few years I always go down to the last week of September.

I really like going during the day because it is not really crowded. I would recommend this for you too. As the day goes on it does get pretty crowded. Typically, Friday night is evening EMH for Epcot. So you have that plus probably the locals who stop by after work.

Great advice. We've never been opening day, but this is our plan of attack for FWF anytime. When WS opens at 11:00 it's almost deserted. Crowds steadily pick up as the day wears on. We always attack the festival booths for lunch and we enjoy the lack of crowds.