PDA

View Full Version : ADRs & cancellations?

EeyoresBestFriend
06-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm not an expert at ADRs at all. Generally we have just been doing 1, maybe two, per trip and wing the rest.

I can't do this on our next trip as there is 7 of us.

My question to all the experts is: once you've made a ressie, can you cancel it if you decide you don't want to go? The dinner shows aren't a problem. I 'm thinking to book Boma twice during the course of the trip, but we may not be able to do the second one. Would I be able to cancel it that morning?? A day in advance??

Any experiences would help ~ :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2009, 04:58 PM
For any ADR that doesn't have pre-payment or a credit card guarantee, you can cancel at any time. (even the morning of, or an hour in advance)

If you can, it is important to cancel, so someone else can book (or walk-up) to your spot, but there aren't any penalties for not doing so.

We did this our last trip, book a breakfast that we ended up not feeling like using, so a quick phone call and it was cancelled for someone else.

KAT1811
06-20-2009, 05:06 PM
For any ADR that doesn't have pre-payment or a credit card guarantee, you can cancel at any time. (even the morning of, or an hour in advance)

If you can, it is important to cancel, so someone else can book (or walk-up) to your spot, but there aren't any penalties for not doing so.

We did this our last trip, book a breakfast that we ended up not feeling like using, so a quick phone call and it was cancelled for someone else.

:ditto:

With four children there have been times when circumstances dictated a change in schedule or an inability to be where we were supposed to be when we were supposed to be there (rarely but it has happened). When that happens I just call Disney dining and cancel. I actually have the number programmed in my cell phone so it's just a quick call. :blush:

elmjimmlm
06-20-2009, 06:42 PM
For the past 3 years I have cancelled a reservation for Coral Reef the day of...We have cancelled on the day of many just because we didn't want to be in that particular place that day or were not in the mood for what they had...It is so hard to know what you want to eat and where so many months out...I am going to stick to Coral Reef this year...I have always wanted to try it and this year I will...:thumbsup:

DANAM
06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I think this is something that happens to everyone at one point in time. We have cancelled on the way before as one of the kids got sick on the way. That's why if I really want to eat somewhere I will call all the way up to the time. You never know when someone may cancel.

Hull-onian
06-22-2009, 05:48 PM
When you have to cancel for one reason or another, the restaurants really appreciate it.:thumbsup: