PDA

View Full Version : Parks open early?

Snow's Mom
06-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Park hours show the parks opening at 9:00 A.M. but I read somewhere that they sometimes open earlier if bigger crowds are expected. Does that happen in July? Would it affect all of the parks? And would that push the early EMH back an hour, too?

How do you find out about the early openings, anyway? Is it a last minute thing, or will they change the hours listed online? Has anyone experienced this?

DizneyRox
06-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Those guildbooks are way out of date. There used to be a time where this happened, I'm talking pre 2000. I remember when AK used to open at 7am sometimes then other parks opened at 8. Now, unless there's a EMH you won't see the parks open early.

The hours are the hours... You MAY find they change the closing time, but I haven't seen that happen in a while either. At least not once they are within about a month or so out.

joanna71985
06-20-2009, 03:19 PM
This wouldn't happen in July. I believe this only happens during REALLY busy time periods, like the week between Christmas and New Years. I heard the MK opened as early as 7am a couple of days. Usually the parks only open an hour early due to EMH.

TheRustyScupper
06-20-2009, 06:51 PM
1) Don't look for this to happen.
2) Not even the past occasional 15-min early jump.
3) CM's are on a schedule, and it isn't that easy to change.
4) Besides, it is big bucks to open a park early.
. . . manpower for shops
. . . mapower for rides & maintenance
. . . utlities
. . . etc

Snow's Mom
06-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Whew, thanks! I don't want to get up any earlier anyway!:mickey:

cheeky monkey
06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
MK opened at 7:00 the whole week we were there before Easter this year. THe crowds were huge and MK was pretty packed by 9:00.

casey@bat
06-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I have been there that week after Christmas when MK opened at 7:00. The regular opening time was 8:00. MK had EMH every morning that week! We knew it way before we went so it wasn't a "surprise" early opening.

It was neat to enter at 7:00 AM and it was still dark outside. All the lights were on down Main St.

Imagineer1981
06-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Very rarely would that happen and it is scheduled in advance. It more likely to change park close times