PDA

View Full Version : AP renewal discount?

Giselle
06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
We purchased an AP last yr for the first time. I'm wondering if I will get some kind of discount or special offer to renew it or buy a new one when it draws near expiring. I got an offer that if I recommended an AP to a friend I would get a discount, so it seems like I could get a discount for buying one again. Anyone got any offers like this? If so, do you know how soon before the expiration it arrives?

faline
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
There is a small discount for renewing annual passes. To be honest, though, if there will be some time distance between the expiration of your existing passes and your next trip, you might be better served to let your current passes expire and buy new passes later onl. When you renew, your passes are only good for one more year for that date. If you will not visit again for six months, your passes are only good for another six months. If you let your current passes elapsse and buy new passes for the beginning of your trip six months in the future, those passes will be good for a year from the time you activate them.

q105birdman
06-19-2009, 07:44 PM
You can renew your annual pass up to one month after the expiration date, but the pass will renew for a year from the date that you originally purchased it. If I remember correctly, the renewal rate was around $45 cheaper than a new annual pass.

Pirate Granny
06-19-2009, 08:17 PM
I've gotten many AP...and I use the process that Faline wrote about...If it'll be six months between the expiration date and my next trip...I will wait and get the pass just before my next trip...the $45 discount isn't a deal if you will only get one or two trips in...compared to waiting and get at least three maybe more....I'm embarrased to say that one AP saw me going to the parks a total of 31 days...and I'm not a Florida resident ...it was the year of very cheap airfares, and a understanding DH.
:pirate: