PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Rent-a-Car Sales Management Training Program

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Has anyone gone through this program? I just sent in an application. What is the starting salary, and what is the schedule like during the training program? How long does the training program last, and what's the schedule like after the formal training is complete?

Thanks!

MarkC
06-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I didn't go through the program myself, but I used to work with them all the time as I worked auto insurance claims. I can tell you that they run through managers like crazy. If you go into a local Enterprise, all the managers are in their 20's as they all get burnt out and leave for other jobs. Not sure about the pay but they work long and frantic hours according to the ones I talked to. I realize during this economy you take what you can get, but I would not look at this as a career because I don't think they have many people that last very long. Sounds like they want your soul while you are there. Best of luck though. Mark

SallyMcQueen
06-19-2009, 03:29 PM
DH worked there right out of college. PP has it right. He worked all sorts of hours, at one point had a two hour commute and it never really seemed like there was much chance of upward movement. He did it for a year then got out fast. It was good because it gave him some experience right out of college.

meldan98
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM
I would have to agree with the PP's. I personally didn't go through it, but they must have an extensive college recruiting program. I have been out of college 13 years (cringe) and know of at least 15 people that I met in the business world that went to work for them right out of college. You work your tail off, get paid little, and get burnt out fast. In these times, jobs for college grads are scarce, so if this is your only bite, I'd say take what you can get, but just be prepared.

Dakota Rose
06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Like everyone before me said, in this economy a job is a job, so don't pass it up if it's your only bite.

My sis and I both applied for this a few years back. Her interview was before mine and after what she told me, I canceled mine. You start out as a car washer making something close to minimum wage. The hours are heinous. I think she said it was a 2-year program. And after your stint as car washer, you're expected to dress in business attire. She was wearing a business-appropriate dress and was told she'd need to wear either pants or skirt suits. And they also said something about transferring to wherever you're needed, not necessarily your local branch.

Bri
06-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I would agree with everyone else. I never worked there but one of my best friends did right out of college. She HATED it. They run you into the ground, give you crazy hours, and really don't treat you with any respect. But also like others said, in this econony, a job is a job. But if you take the job, I would definatley still be looking for something else. My friend actually went back to school to be a nurse because Enterprise really killed her view of the business world.

murphy1
06-24-2009, 05:29 PM
My past roommate in Florida hired for them and I can agree with what everyone here said, low pay, horrid hours, if you do make it through the lower ranks, they move you up, but it's not a family oriented place. If you are interested, Progressive is a great company to work for (insurance) they hire a lot of claims people out of school (I worked in insurance and a lot of other companies copied what they do). They pay pretty well.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
07-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Thank you for all your feedback. It didn't end up mattering anyway, because I just received the all-too-familiar e-mail of rejection. I can't believe it...I've been in the work force for 13 years, except for the past nine months, and I can't even get a job as a glorified car washer. If that isn't a blow to my ego, I don't know what is.

Shari, I will look at Progressive. I'll take anything at this point.

Dakota Rose
07-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Hang in there. And take it as a compliment that Enterprise "rejected" you. You're going to find a much better job, a better fit!