PDA

View Full Version : When will 2010 room pricing be released?

TheDuckRocks
06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
I have room only reservations for April 2010 and as always I'm getting antsy not knowing what the prices will be. :secret: Don't let Disney know, we'll be going no matter what the prices are within reason, I just may change what accommodations we get.

KathyMJ
06-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Historically, prices for the new year have been released in August.
And don't worry...we'll keep your secret ;)

crltkcagle
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
You sound like me I want to book for September of 2010 and just can't wait!

Ksmith75
06-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Usually in August. We are going next year again in April - and we are so ready and antsy to book. We had already planned alot of it out the week we got back (and yes, even before we left for this trip).. the wait is agonizing!

thumperbug
06-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Historically rates for the next year are released the first week of August. You can book a room now for 2010 but the rate won't be available until all of 2010 info is released.

TheDuckRocks
06-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Thank you all. I have my room only reservation already booked but I was really curious as to how much it will actually cost. For some crazy reason I thought June was the month the pricing was released.

TikiLounger
06-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey...we've booked three rooms at CSR for January 2010. The agent I spoke to told me to call back in August to add park tickets, dining, and the 2010 room rates. He also told me that the room rates will probably be much lower than what we were quoted (and what our deposit was based on). Yeah...we, too, will be going no matter what the price is. The thing that has me ansty is this...we're going right after New Years (two days after) and the rooms are filling up...so...if the rates ARE much better and we decided to book three rooms at a Deluxe instead, will there be any available?...yikes. I guess it doesn't matter, I've always wanted to try CSR, anyway.

Gaz10
06-21-2009, 08:08 AM
In England we have got the room rates for 2010 right through to december, and they are a lot more expensive. We have just got back from BC and same time next year has gone up by £89 ,that about $135 ,a night.These prices are from the Disney brochure .
we will be looking at alternative accommodation for our trip in 2010 at those sort of prices.:(

UCJen
06-21-2009, 05:05 PM
In England we have got the room rates for 2010 right through to december, and they are a lot more expensive. We have just got back from BC and same time next year has gone up by £89 ,that about $135 ,a night.These prices are from the Disney brochure .
we will be looking at alternative accommodation for our trip in 2010 at those sort of prices.:(

That's interesting. I went to the UK site because I was curious about Poly prices for August 2010. (I haven't booked a room yet because I haven't gone on my 2009 vacation yet.) They are offering free DDP for the Brits if you book now.

It will be interesting to see if they extend that offer stateside.

BMan62
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey...we've booked three rooms at CSR for January 2010. The agent I spoke to told me to call back in August to add park tickets, dining, and the 2010 room rates. He also told me that the room rates will probably be much lower than what we were quoted (and what our deposit was based on). Yeah...we, too, will be going no matter what the price is. The thing that has me ansty is this...we're going right after New Years (two days after) and the rooms are filling up...so...if the rates ARE much better and we decided to book three rooms at a Deluxe instead, will there be any available?...yikes. I guess it doesn't matter, I've always wanted to try CSR, anyway.

You might be better off adding tickets now, before any price increases. Since they would be good for 14 days from first use and you won't be using them until your arrival, you might be able to save a few $$$ anyway.

Just a thought...

Goofster
06-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I've tried booking Pop Century for 3 nights in February 2010 at Disneyworld.com and the site says you can only book through 12/31/09. How have some of you already booked for 2010? :confused:

SueQ
06-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm thinking of booking a trip for May 2010 but I need pricing first. Guess I have to wait till August, huh?? I'm thinking a Thursday-Tuesday mid May with my husband and step-daughter. Probably stay at one of the value resorts. It would be awesome if they would have the free dining next year then.

TikiLounger
06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
You might be better off adding tickets now, before any price increases. Since they would be good for 14 days from first use and you won't be using them until your arrival, you might be able to save a few $$$ anyway.

Just a thought...

Hey Thanks for the thought...I think I will call back and ask some more questions. We've never booked this far in advance so when I made the room reservations, I was thinking the Magic Your Way Package. I didn't think to buy tickets only...

TikiLounger
06-22-2009, 03:10 PM
I've tried booking Pop Century for 3 nights in February 2010 at Disneyworld.com and the site says you can only book through 12/31/09. How have some of you already booked for 2010? :confused:

I couldn't book through the Disney World website. I called Disney Travel ( you can find the number on the website). Right now, you can only book room only reservations. You have to wait until August for to add the packages (and to get the 2010 prices). BMan62 has a good idea about purchasing park tickets now, though. I'm checking it out.

TikiLounger
06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't want to throw a damper on your plans but thought I'd let you know that you have been kind of misinformed. Unless, that is, the reservation system is changing in 2010.

You can't actually add tickets and the dining plan to an existing room only reservation. You will have to book an entirely different reservation as a package. You'll be required to pay a deposit (for the last three years the deposit has been $200.00 for a package) and the package has to be paid in full 45 days prior to your arrival date. Payments (minimum of $20.00) can be made on your vacation up to the 45 day mark.

They will have to then cancel the room only reservation and put in a request that your room only deposit(s) be refunded to you. They can't transfer the room only deposit to your package deposit.

Oh, sorry...I look back now and I see that I wasn't really clear with the info I posted. I was told when I made the room only reservations that I would have to transfer my reservation over to a vacation package reservation. They were very clear about it being two separate reservations. I have no problem with the $200 deposits and the payment time frames for the Magic Your Way Packages...it's what we usually do. They were also clear about refunding the room only deposit....that it couldn't be transferred over to the vacation package. I don't have a problem with that either...

I should have said I needed to call back in August to re-book as a vacation package, not ADD park tickets and dining. Again, sorry for not being clear.

I'm still planning on calling about buying my tickets now...for this year's rates.

TikiLounger
06-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I was just wanting to clarify for those who didn't know and make sure that you weren't misinformed. :thumbsup:

Oh, absolutely! Thank You! I just hope I didn't confuse anyone (I confuse myself enough...I don't need to add anyone else into the mix!). Sometimes, what I end up typing is completely different than what I intend to say...yikes...:bolt: