PDA

View Full Version : RCI trade questions

Hair_Razor
06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I am thinking about trading into RCI to try for a DVC resort. I have some questions though and I'm hoping someone may know the answers. :mickey:

1. If I trade in can we use DME?
2. How do you go about doing park tickets, if I order tickets can I qualify for free dining plan??

Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

pianobabe
06-19-2009, 08:34 AM
You will be able to use Magical Express. In addition to the exchange fee, you will pay a $95 resort fee. You will not qualify for free dining, but you will be able to buy the DDP. You will need to call member services to set up magical express and to let them know ahead of time you are wanting the DDP. However, if it is close to your trip (they told me 30 days when I called Wednesday) you can call Magical Express directly to let them know your flight information. You will pay for the DDP and the resort fee at check-in. I am not sure about the park tickets. Although, I figure you will be able to arrange for them through member services too (the last time I spoke with someone in member services she asked if I needed tickets for the Halloween party). We did this last year and will be doing it again this year, but we already had our tickets because of resort hopping.

momofdisneyprincess
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
The $95 resort fee the previous poster was referring to is for the Magical Express. Also as explained, you need to call to set this up with Member Services once you have your flight information. They will order tickets for you as well as make any dining reservations if you wish. You can also get tickets from AAA or elsewhere. You cannot get the free dining but can purchase the dining plan or the Tables in Wonderland Discount card.

Hope this helps.

DizneyRox
06-19-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought Tables in Wonderland was Annual Passholders and Florida Residents. Now it's open to trade ins as well?

momofdisneyprincess
06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Sorry, my mistake. Thanks for the correction. I had purchased an annual pass and forgot the TIW was with that rather than the trade. Thanks again.

Hair_Razor
06-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Very helpful thank you very much. On more thing, can AAA book my dining plan too?

DizneyRox
06-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Very helpful thank you very much. On more thing, can AAA book my dining plan too?
I beleive the dining plan needs to be sone through RCI or DVC. AAA would be only for your tickets now I believe. There are cheaper options, check the site sponsors, than AAA...

Zone Stop
06-19-2009, 11:51 PM
The $95 resort fee the previous poster was referring to is for the Magical Express.

This is incorrect. The official explanation that I've gotten is that it is for Disney Busses and Resort Upkeep, the things normally paid for in membership dues. This fee is not waived for your use/non-use of any resort amenities.

momofdisneyprincess
06-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the update Zone Stop. It looks like that fee is all encompassing. I did review my trade paperwork and it stated, " A US $95.00 fee per unit stay will be billed upon check-in for all exchanges (this fee is included in the fee for any rental). The fee includes shuttle service provided by Disney Magical Express, extended park visitation hours on select days and transportation throughout Disney Resorts. Fee also covers other services including advance dining reservations, assistaance with optional disney dining plan, tee times and delivery of any purchases made at Disney directly to your resort." Personally, I think the fee is very fair. I just wanted to post what included her so people knew exactly what it was for. As previously stated, the fee is not waived regarless of utilization.

Zone Stop
06-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I really appreciate you posting that verbatim... I'm taking it with me to WDW today :)