PDA

View Full Version : Epcot One-Day Touring?

BeandipsMom
06-18-2009, 03:55 PM
My DS (8) and I will have the chance for 1 day at Epcot in Mid-July. Does anyone have any tips for the best touring plan to cram as much in as possible? We will pass on table dining, but otherwise want the full experience. What to see first and what to pass over?? Thanks for the advice!

Daddy Mouse
06-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I do not know if this can all be done in one day. Here is how I would go about a one day commando

1. Be there for rope drop
2. Ride Soarin
3. Get FP for MS
4. Ride Test Track
5. Seas with Nemo
6. Ride MS
7. Journey into Imagination
8. Honey, I shrunk the Audience
9. Universe of Energy
10. SE
11. The Land
12. WS rides Mexico and Norway
13 Skip the movies at the countries

Imagineer1981
06-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Here's what I would do:

1) be there 1st thing at rope drop
2) go and ride Soarin 1st thing
3) grab a fp to test track or mission space and then ride the one you didn't get
4) Hop on Nemo and see turtle talk with crush at the living seas
5) Eat Lunch at the Land
6) then head up to JIYI and HISTA
7) From there you can work your way around the countries, riding Maelstrom and Mexico (to me it will always be EL RIO DE TIEMPO).
8) Finally work your way back towards SE and if you have time squeeze in Ellen and Innoventions.

PopeCharming
06-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree with the others, that you should do Soarin' first, then get a fastpass for Test Track or Mission Space.

But I would recommend spending more time in World Showcase- it may not have the thrill-a-minute qualities of Future World, but casually strolling through the countries is one of the best experiences Epcot has to offer. And go on some movies! Canada's is quite bad, but France and China have wonderful films.

kemps@wdw
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Definitely be there for the rope drop! If you're lucky, you can catch the CM looking for Family of the Day (she'll be very noticeable) and you'll be chosen and receive FP for all the attractions. If not, head directly for Soarin. Ride or FP (or both) then, move on to Nemo. And back to Soarin (if you've FP). Then head over to Test Track and FP that and ride MS (or vice versa depending on wait time). Then finish in FW w/ SE, Honey, maybe Ellen's, Innoventions, Journey, and then move onto WS and an afternoon stroll thru the countries where you can eat and drink your way "around the World". Avoid the movies, if you're pressed for time, but ride the Maelstrom in Norway and the Rio in Mexico. Wrap up your Epcot day by viewing Illuminations before you leave. :thumbsup:

MarkC
06-21-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm also going to confirm what the others told you. But I would definitely get the fastpass for Test Track and then ride Mission Space. MS can often have short lines, especially early, while TT only has short lines for the first hour or so. It will really build up and stay that way all day, so definitely use your fastpass there. Do Soarin first and then go to TT and MS and come back to Living Seas and Spaceship Earth. And I can't emphasize enough to be at the park about 15 minutes prior to opening. That way you can get through the turnstiles and in place for a brisk walk to Soarin so you can ride it right away. Waiting even until 15 minutes after opening will cause you some delays on other rides later. Get there on time and you can do every ride by noon. Good luck. Mark

CaptSmee
06-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Here's what I would do:

1) be there 1st thing at rope drop
2) go and ride Soarin 1st thing
3) grab a fp to test track or mission space and then ride the one you didn't get
4) Hop on Nemo and see turtle talk with crush at the living seas
5) Eat Lunch at the Land
6) then head up to JIYI and HISTA
7) From there you can work your way around the countries, riding Maelstrom and Mexico (to me it will always be EL RIO DE TIEMPO).
8) Finally work your way back towards SE and if you have time squeeze in Ellen and Innoventions.

some good advice! almost exactly how I would handle a 1 day version of Epcot! only thing I would do differrent is maybe ride Spaceship Earth after step 6, swing by Club Cool on the way to World Showcase where I'd spend the rest of the day. Have dinner at 1 of the restaurants and watch Illuminations. Then spend some time in Mousegear on the way out after close.

DizneeFan13
06-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Wow, you got some really good advice here.

My only suggestions, if you have only one day and want the most out of it - skip Ellen. It will eat up almost an hour just on the ride, not counting any line.

I have to agree also with going to SE later in the day becuase you get much shorter lines once WS opens up, and Club Cool is a must for my DSs (5 & 9).

When you do start working around the world showcase go clockwise. Both Mexico and Norway are close that way and the lines for their respective rides might not be as bad.

Above all else, be there at rope drop!! and head directly to Soarin' if you want to do it at all.

Not matter what, you wil have a great time.:mickey:

BeandipsMom
06-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! We will definitely be there early for the rope drop as suggested and will try to hit the big 3 rides early. As much as I love WS, there are many attractions in FW that I have somehow missed over the years and know that my DS will enjoy this time around. Regardless of how much we squeeze in, I am really looking forward to some quality mom and son time. What better place than DISNEY?!?!?