PDA

View Full Version : We sold our house!!!

crazeedizneefinatic
06-18-2009, 01:58 PM
About a month ago we had the idea to sell our house to move up to something bigger. We put it on the market and had a ton of people come through in the first 2 weeks....we had an offer from 1 person and it just didn't work out....we had an open house last sunday and by tuesday we had an offer...we countered and he accepted....our closing is July 31st. It such a bittersweet time, we have been here for over 14 years. So many memories. It will be hard packing things up. Moving in with my mom for awhile. We are in the process of looking at new construction. I am so excited but semi sad at the same time, I never expected to sell in under a month especially in this market. Any advice on a smooth transition would be helpful....I am a nervous wreck but in a good way....

DizNee143
06-18-2009, 02:25 PM
WOW..that was fast!!!
congrats..and goodluck!! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
06-18-2009, 02:36 PM
We used a POD and it worked out great. They drop off, you pack up, store it for as long as you need to and then request it back at the new address. CAKE!

jrkcr
06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Congrats on the fast sell! A new house will be exciting!!

princessgirls
06-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I had a very similar situation in 2007. We put our stuff in climate controlled storage, and moved in with my mom for a little over 4 months. I did it well, as we only went to the storage facility twice to get a few things.

I moved my kid's dressers to my mom's and tried to keep their stuff in their room normal.

My mattress was on the floor in my "room" for the duration. We did each have TV's in our own rooms for personal space. The girls don't have a TV now in their room.
We lived with a lot less stuff, but it was nice to get into our new home and unpack. We didn't really need that much moving in with Mom, just personal stuff! It was a good living situation with two bedrooms and a full bath on the second floor for us to use.
Congratulations and Good Luck!
Julie:mickey:

StitchFan#1
06-18-2009, 03:10 PM
well thats some darn stirght disney magic that came toy u

MickeyMousse
06-18-2009, 03:37 PM
A huge CONGRATS on selling! I just hope we have your kind of luck when we decide to sell. Seems like it's going to happen sooner than we planned. Send over some of that luck!!! :D

RedSoxFan
06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
WOW --- A month to sell your house. Congrats. We rented a condo while our house was being built a couple of years ago.

crazeedizneefinatic
06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
I think things will work out....my parents graciously offered....of course we will pick up our slack with food and contributing to bills although they don't want us to.....we will be able to save a ton of money for new furniture....we are going from a 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath townhouse to hopefully a 4 bedroom 3 bath home....

and to MickeyMousse: I wish you all the luck in the world.....in todays market we were absolutely unbelieveably lucky.....a friend of ours that lives behind us has had her home on the market for almost a year....

And to top it all off we are headed to Disney in September for an 11 day trip, we cannot wait....