PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Germany?

DisneyFr33k
06-18-2009, 11:52 AM
How are the Tables in Germany set up? I heard families may have to share a table with another family. We are a family of 4. Would we have to share?

sassafras
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I would say there is a good chance that you would be at a table with others. My DH and I have been there several times and always been seated with other groups. The tables hold about 8 people. We were hesitant to go there due to the seating, but have always met very nice people and had a really good time. You can always ask the person at the podium if you can be seated alone--it might be possible.

GothMickey
06-18-2009, 12:44 PM
The tables are long and seat 8 people I believe. So, you will more than likely be sitting with another family. I have been there before and enjoyed it. Sitting with other families is wonderful in Disney. You can share stories and experiences. You may even learn about something you didn't know about.

Princess'Mom
06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
You will be sharing. We went in May and sat with another group of 4. As the other posters have said, you meet new people and may learn something in the process. We tend to be pretty quiet and reserved, so we didn't talk too much to our table mates. At the end of the meal they joked with the waiter explaining that my DD was making too much noise. She just grinned at them. They were nice enough people and it didn't kill us - so I say you should try it the food is quite good - even if you have to sit with strangers! That's what a German Biergarten is all about!

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Since we are a couple we usually are seated with a family (that has adult children) and another couple. We always have a great time and have meet wonderful people. Even people from where I used to live! It's a great experience. We were hesitant at first but found it to be a great time. Now it's a must do.

TheRustyScupper
06-19-2009, 08:38 AM
How are the Tables in Germany set up? I heard families may have to share a table with another family. We are a family of 4. Would we have to share?

1) Unless the place is empty, this will happen.
2) Normally, this is not a problem.

scooterca42
06-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Don't worry about the sharing, it's set up like Oktoberfest, after all. Or like a corned beef place in Montreal...;)

Seriously. Best case - you find some excellent dinner companions who share your love of Disney. Worst case - you sit with some duds who just want to talk to each other. We've had both and frankly I prefer the ones who share Disney love!

g8rgirl29
06-19-2009, 11:25 AM
I think that some seating may be for 10. When we (family of 3) went we were seated with a family of 4 (2 children, 1 very wild) and a young couple. Even though the one child was quite frankly annoying to everyone at the table we just took it in stride. We moved our DD away from the child who kept throwing his fork at her, then pretty much just carried on a conversation with the young couple (who may never have children after that dinner, LOL). We didn't ignore the other parents at the table but they were in over their heads desperately trying to control the wild one and didn't have much time to talk. It was still a fun dinner and we really did enjoy ourselves. We really had some funny stories to tell our friends after that dinner!!