PDA

View Full Version : What have you missed and really regret?

SFTrny
06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Similar to another thread going, but the opposite. What things have you skipped at WDW and REALLY wish you had done? We've been three times and there are two that stand out for me.

First - we've never done Splash Mountain. <GASP> I know....it's fabulous, great etc. Our first year, our youngest didn't want to do it and we always stick together. Since it was our first visit and there was lots else to do...no big deal. I can't remember why we missed it second visit...just never got to it. Our third visit, it just didn't work into the agenda because nobody wanted to walk around the park wet and when we were ready to go, the lines were horrible. Anyway...I REALLY wish we had gone on Splash Mountain and the whole family agrees that if we go back, that this will be on the "must do" list.

Second - Toy Story at DHS. It was fairly new on our last trip. We hit the park at opening and by the time we got to the FastPass Queue, they were queueing for 6:00! In the end, we never did it. But that gives us another reason to go back, right?

There are a lot more things that I'd love to find time to do and explore at WDW. What are the big things on your list of "reasons to come back"?

joonyer
06-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I never saw the original version of Journey into your Imagination or Horizons.

Wish I had been able to see them.

parrothed26
06-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I never made it to the Adventurers Club :( always had kids and no sitter. Wish i wouldve made time

biodtl
06-17-2009, 08:06 PM
My family has never done CoP. I have, years ago, but the past few trips, it was either closed, or we just never managed it. Next time...

SFTrny
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
CoP is a common "skip" attraction...and I understand that. But if you really want to experience the vision of Walt, you have to do CoP! A good item to put on the "must do" list for future visits.

brownie
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter. I would have liked to have experienced it before it became Stitch's Great Escape.

Lacy
06-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Great thread. Not in the theme parks but I have always wished that we went to the Hoop Dee Doo! It looks like a lot of fun and a WDW classic.

JoF
06-18-2009, 03:54 AM
I have visited WDW five times and have never been in Haunted Mansion. I have vowed to do this during my next trip in October :thumbsup:

crltkcagle
06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
I have yet to see the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS. We always miss it and I really want to see it!

Imagineer1981
06-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Great thread, for us it would be:

1) Disneyland/California Adventure
2) Hunchback show at MGM

BMan62
06-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Too much to list!!! Didn't make my first trip until late-2003! I missed 32 years of attractions/rides/shows!

KAJUNKING
06-18-2009, 11:17 AM
ive seen horizons and world of motion when i was young but only have vague memories, i wish i would have seen them again later in life

johnO
06-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Adventurer's CLub for sure....

MickeyMousse
06-18-2009, 12:02 PM
We've never stuck around to see Wishes and I am hoping that we will on our next trip.

Also, last trip we made a pact to try an attraction that either we've never done before or we hadn't been on in a long time. At some point I am hoping that we can say that we've been on every ride at WDW!

bruin1344
06-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I wish I could remember more of the older attractions that closed in the 1990s that I went on like the old tiki birds, horizons, and world of motion

Tinkerfreak
06-18-2009, 02:03 PM
I wish we had gone to LTT when the characters where still there. We kept saying we would do it next trip but then they took the characters away.:(

jnfr2424
06-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I wish I could see If You had Wings - I remember the song but not the ride - I was too young!

TinksPixieDust
06-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Im pretty sure ive done everything. there are some things i wish i did MORE efore they got rid of them.
like 20,000 leagues under the sea
mr. toad ( did it alotbut i miss him :( )
the skyway

probably more. lucklily only a few more weeks til im back!! :cloud9:

Gregandmel
06-18-2009, 02:44 PM
We didn't do the train ride at MK. My "vision" when we got there last time was to take the train the first day we arrived so we could see the MK - I love train rides - but it didn't work out for us and we ended up doing breakfast at CP before the park opened, which was great. But we are definitely doing it on our next trip!!! :train:

drummerboy
06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Can't think of anything. My first trip in '76 was as an adult and we've been many times since. some trips, we make a point to hit things we've missed in the past or haven't done in quite a while. I miss a few things and wish they were still there though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-18-2009, 04:30 PM
We couldn't get into the NEMO show in Dec.:(

Giggy
06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. Whenever I've seen in the line for it has always looked long. Maybe it is a quicker line than it looks but I always imagine it taking a while because only one person can ride at a time.

I'm an adrenaline junkie when it comes to rides. I love roller coasters, fast rides, big drops. Occasionally if it's a new ride for me I might feel a little apprehensive when waiting for it but I'm fearless when I get on them. Think the only other ride like that I'm waiting on is Everest but that's because they were still building it when I last went, so riding on it would have been a bit dangerous! :blush:

This is one which looks a little daunting from by the entrance but I would love it once I got to it. As such I want to add it to my conquests but I've always been put off by what looks like a long line when I could be doing something else. Maybe I'll be lucky next time and when I walk past there will only be a short wait. :mickey:

Lakin
06-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach. Whenever I've seen in the line for it has always looked long. Maybe it is a quicker line than it looks but I always imagine it taking a while because only one person can ride at a time.

Actually, the line goes by pretty quickly. I know, my wait looked pretty long, but it didn't take too long at all. (Although, it did help that a group of older, male teenagers chickened out and let me go in front of them ;) ;))

tjstrike
06-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Mine would have to be some of the restaurants, we've done DDP table service twice but some of the nice restaurants like cali grill, brown derby, rose and crown, yachtman's steakhouse, etc... we've never done.

barnaby
06-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Soarin'
It wasn't open yet my first 2 trips. My last trip it was too crowded for standby and the FPs were out or really late and we were park hopping.

SFTrny
06-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I wish I could see If You had Wings - I remember the song but not the ride - I was too young!

I remember this from when I was a kid! I thought it was one of the BEST rides! Flying through the clouds...a predecessor to Soarin'.

imaprincess!
06-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Never got to ride 20,000 Leagues. It was broken, then closed on previous visits.

Also, I was so gung-ho on beating the crowds that I missed the magic of walking down Main Street USA at the morning opening of Magic Kingdom. I was advised to hop the train to the back of the park (to Fantasyland) to escape the crowds, but in looking back, realize my children didn't get that magical experience of Main Street.

Kathy Jetson
06-20-2009, 01:43 AM
I regret never having enough time to walk slowly down mainstreet and take everything in. I regret never riding body wars. I regret not riding space mountain last year because it will be down when I'm there this year and ds will not get to do it for the first time.:(

mrsgaribaldi
06-20-2009, 02:49 AM
Mr Toad's Wild Ride- the first time we went it was still there but we didn't do it. Now it's gone. I hope to see it in Disneyland someday:mickey:

PrincessJadesMom
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM
On our first trip in 2007, we went for 7 days and we spent our last 3 days battling the flu.:ill:
So, last year we took a 10 day trip and we made darn sure we seen everything that we missed on our first trip. So we really haven't missed anything. Actually, now that I think about it, we haven't seen Hall of Presidents (I thought my daughter would be bored). I would like to see that on our next trip.:mickey:

Ryan Towle
06-20-2009, 04:25 PM
No regrets in my life.

LoriMistress
06-20-2009, 06:18 PM
I missed seeing the POTC show w/ Captain Jack Sparrow on our last trip. I kept telling myself that I would get around to do it, and never did. :(
I've also never done TSI. I've also never saw The Lion King Show at AK.

DNS
06-21-2009, 12:27 PM
I think we have done everything we want to of the current rides/attractions, but we never did Horizons or Mr. Toad and of course, now we can't. There just never seemed to be enough time to do everything and these two were skipped.

kemps@wdw
06-21-2009, 07:52 PM
We've pretty well done it all over the last 30 years. With and without kids. And seen ALOT of changes! I truly miss the Main St Electrical parade. Luckily, I have the cd in my truck w/the music on it, and I can listen to it any time I want. But, I'd still love to see it again. The only things we haven't done is any of the "tours". But, we plan to remedy that on our next visits to the World. But DD would have had a fit if we did any of them w/o her, so now that she'd old enough, our 1st tour will be the "Keys" tour. And then, we'll move on from there. Surley, we'll be able to do them all over the next 30 years!