PDA

View Full Version : Favorite dinner?

EmmMOM2
06-17-2009, 03:14 PM
whats your favorite dinner restaurant?
We have some breakfast ADR's but only one dinner we cared to try so far.
Which one is YOUR favorite and why??

Missy_Mouses_Dad
06-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed 1900 Park Fair very much.

patandtwins
06-17-2009, 04:40 PM
It used to be Le Cellier. Now it's 'Ohana. It is so yummy and you get sooooo much food. The best part is the desert, banana fosters bread pudding.:cloud9: It is served family style. There are hula dancers(the kids and you can join in) and Hawaiian music. Very fun!

slegrant
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
The California Grill, The food is incredible but the atmosphere to me is fantastic. I have been with just my wife and it was very romantic, but have also gone with our kids and they so enjoyed looking over the Magic Kingdom. They kept pointing out rides and just had a blast. One last note is that the service is among the best on WDW property, our servers have been fantastic. Enjoy:mickey:

AllDisney
06-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Our favorite restaurant is Jiko. The food is great. The staff is wonderful & the atmosphere is lovely.

patandtwins
06-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Jiko is fabulous. I've never done California Grill. Both are signatures dining, meaning they are 2 TS on dining plan or expensive if paying OOP. I also heard California Grill is not exactly a kid place (very fancy, romantic and gormet/foo foo). And portions, thus, are small.

estein80
06-17-2009, 06:09 PM
DH and I love Jiko (and DD, 10 mos at the time, did too). We went CA Grill long ago and really enjoyed that as well, but after going to Jiko, we can't wait to go back!:thumbsup:

steamboat willy
06-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Ohana's is our first night. :thumbsup: Food is great and something for everyone, even my picky eater. GREAT SHRIMP, GREAT Grilled Steak or Pork.
We also have ADR's this year at California Grill, Flying Fish and Coral Reef. Free Dining is letting us venture out a bit. :eat:

RedSoxFan
06-17-2009, 07:19 PM
I really enjoyed Raglan Road during our trip in October. It was so much better than I expected it to be. Mama Melrose is a close second.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-17-2009, 08:08 PM
This is a hard one! I think our family would have to go with Rose & Crown. Just awesome every time!

1900 Park Fare and Bietergarten are close behind :)

joonyer
06-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Our favorite dinner meal experience is 'Ohana, hands down. The one dinner we do every trip. maybe not the very best food in WDW, but its plenty good (especially if you are a meat eater) and you get all you want. Love the open fire grill, music, the family atmosphere, view of wishes, and all the fun kids activities.

Aggie97
06-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Our favorites are Narcoossee's (great service, delicious food, beautiful atmosphere, and view of Wishes) and 'Ohana (great food and drinks, lots of fun, and a unique "Disney" experience). :mickey:

lighteningqueen
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
The breakfast buffets were the best our last trip we did 5 of the 9 days we were there, Tusker Crystal,1900,Chef, and Captains Grille at the Yacht Club. They all had very good breakfast food. The dinner food is just not that good on the whole for the money. Although we found 50's prime to be the most flavorful. Ohanas is ok . But if you like your meat well done then you are out of luck. I asked for it and they burned it flat up. Never replaced our noodles and the extras not once and she hardly spoke with us and we were not even on the dining plan. So we spent big bucks for the 5 of us to be treated that way. Won't go back.

hardingella
06-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Our favorite is Artist Point at WL.After a long hot day around the parks we sat by the lake past the pool and sipped cocktails while the kids played on the beautiful sandy beach area. We freshened up and strolled up to the restaurant which has an open rustic feel to it. Although it has a quite grown up feel to it, DD 9 and DS 7 voted this as their favourites too.They get to draw a picture which gets put up on the wall, they get a certificate at the end.
Oh yes, and the food. the choice is wide, healthy portions, beautifully presented. Our waitress was very knowledgable and attentive, she recommended what wine to have with our food,it was all very relaxing, just what you need after a long day on your feet. The best was the kids desserts, a white chocolate mickey jigsaw which came with a pallet and a paint brush, you put the jigsaw together, paint it then eat it:D

ThanxForNoticin
06-18-2009, 07:25 AM
If we could choose one dinner at Disney, it would be Boma at the AKL. The food and service are outstanding. 'OHana would be our second choice - also very good.

SBETigg
06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
California Grill. The food and service are outstanding. The atmosphere is breathtaking. It's my one can't-miss per trip. Narcoossee's is a very close second.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
06-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I would have to say my favorite is......

Biergarten- maybe it's because I am German but I think the food there is GREAT!

My next favorite would be California Grill, I thought the food was great, the place is beautiful and watching fireworks from there was amazing!

The last one I have to mention is Boma, my husband and I ate there on our Honeymoon and I thought the food was great and they treated us very nice!

brownie
06-18-2009, 10:06 AM
I would have to go with the Rose & Crown in World Showcase at Epcot. I love the cottage pie and it was the first restaurant I ate at on my first trip to Walt Disney World.

crltkcagle
06-18-2009, 10:58 AM
:lei:OHANA'S!!!!!!
This is our favorite resturant we love the food and the atmosphere. An endless supply of grilled steak, shrimp, and pork! Need I say more?

:papple::chef::eat:

patandtwins
06-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Artist Point is one of my least faves. It is also a signature dining (2 TS). The food did not impress me at all. Of the signature dining I reccommend- Jiko, The Hoop Dee Do and the Luau at Poly (Artist Point and Brown Derby were disappointing and I haven't done the others). Now, Jiko is very flavorful and spicy (African flare). Some folks, like my Father-in-law, don't go for that sort of thing. You can read the menus here on intercot and you can read about them on WDW site. Have fun choosing! :mickey:

StitchFan#1
06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
um mabey Kona cafe becaus ethier noodle bowl id delsih! I love the ice cream thingy that we get and we always share it its so fune!

TinksPixieDust
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Our favorites are Ohana and Cape May Buffet.

haha both are all you can eat! :) YUMMMM.Both have lots of choices I think and has something for everyone.

the Chicken wings and salad are yumilicious at Ohana and the meat is always wicked good.

Cape May is just yummy all around :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

megustamex
06-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Jiko, Boma, and Artist Point. All have excellent food. Service at Artist Point was impeccable; very good at Jiko and Boma.

DANAM
06-18-2009, 12:37 PM
We love 'Ohana's!!! For breakfast or dinner. We have to eat here at least once every trip.