PDA

View Full Version : Paradiso 37 Mini Review

jcvalenti
06-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Don't have time for a huge review, as I'm really tired and we're hitting MK tomorrow, but thought I'd type a few notes while the meal is fresh in my mind.

We headed down to Downtown Disney tonight for dinner. Got there around 6 pm and crowds were steady, but far lighter than when I was here last (6/25 - 7/6 of 2008).

I wanted to try Paradiso 37, but was a little scared about their lack of ADRs. We stopped in and the hostess and manager were up front. The crowd was moderate, but there were clearly empty tables. They were very accomodating, and when we said we wanted to come back at 7 with a group of 10, they said there shouldn't be a problem seating us right away.

The restaurant was nice and vibrant. Clearly going for a populist, relaxed atmosphere, with a lot of wood and bright colors. It is tiered, with the upper tier vearing away from the stage where a live musician / band plays, which is nice if you don't want to be shouting over music all night. There was a solo guitarist there playing tonight who, frankly, was terrible - he played nonstop and nothing but cheezy bar songs (Margaritaville, Brown Eyed Girl, etc). The good news is that he was the only bad part of the experience.

The food was the real star here. After some great cocktails (I went with the frozen Sangria), we ordered the full boat: Appetizers, Entrees and Dessert. All was fabulous. I had the Chorizo Sausage skewers for an appetizer, beef burritos for an entree and soapapillas for dessert. The burritos may well have been the best I ever had, and I've had a lot. Perfectly done cubed steak marinated in a fabulous south-american marinade, with squash and zuchhini and light onions ... Mmmm.

The rest of the table was equally thrilled with their options.

Long story short, this place deserves a visit. Eager to please, quick and easy and fabulous food. Well worth it, and at between $10 - 20 per entree, a real crowdpleaser.

FYI - no Tables in Wornderland (Formerly Disney Dining Plan) or DDE .... yet.

ElenitaB
06-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the review.

I've been thinking about trying this restaurant out in August, but it would mean giving up our ADRs at WPC.

Goofeygal
06-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the report Fellow Michigander.

tinksmom02
06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the review. The menu sounds fabulous and I really want to try it, but the kiddos have their hearts set on T-Rex.

DizneyFreak2002
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the review.. Glad to know the restaurant is good...

MinnieMommie
06-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the review. DD wants to try this out so your review is helpful! :mickey:

patandtwins
06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the review. We left our third night open and I'm going to try and convince DH to go here. He wants to drive into Tampa and eat there, but I'm shooting for going to DTD to shop (which he hates). :secret: