PDA

View Full Version : Best Atmosphere and Food at DLR

hauntedmansiongirl
06-16-2009, 07:52 PM
We are going to DLR in Sept/Oct and want to have one special meal. We are seasoned at WDW, but lost when it comes to DLR. I have heard about Blue Bayou- what is the best thing on their menu? Or is there another, better restaurant? We don't have kids, so we don't want a character meal. Thanks so much :mickey:

faline
06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
We did enjoy Blue Bayou which is somewhat reminiscent of San Angel Inn. For a very special, lovely adult meal, we dined at Napa Rose in the Grand Californian. Excellent service; good food; but quite pricey!

NotaGeek
06-17-2009, 12:11 AM
We are going to DLR in Sept/Oct and want to have one special meal. We are seasoned at WDW, but lost when it comes to DLR. I have heard about Blue Bayou- what is the best thing on their menu? Or is there another, better restaurant? We don't have kids, so we don't want a character meal. Thanks so much :mickey:
Try Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel... awesome atmosphere and great food. It's a steakhouse with a menu that is reminiscent of Ruth's Chris -- side dishes are a la carte but there's enough to share. This is my favorite restaurant for a special meal.

Blue Bayou has nice atmosphere, but honesty it's my least favorite place to eat. To expensive considering the food and service don't match the price point.

PiratesCove
06-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Blue Bayou...my fave place in Disneyland to eat seeing as I haven't been to Club 33 yet! :blush:

Monte Cristo sandwich is my fave and I get it everytime!

Savor down-home, Louisiana-inspired cooking and full table service in moonlit ambience as Pirates of the Caribbean passenger boats drift past. This popular restaurant serves a range of delectable dishes for lunch and dinner (children's menu available):

Fish and beef entrees — including mahi mahi, roast New York strip and an exquisite dinner special featuring surf and turf.

Cajun classics like Tesora Island chicken, jambalaya and a Monte Cristo sandwich.

Cajun-inspired wedge salad and gumbo (with entrees)

Specialty desserts like crème brulee (includes pirate keepsake)

Cuisine: Vegetarian, Cajun-Creole

Service Type: Fine Dining

Price Range: $$$ ($20-$30 per person) *

Meals Served: Lunch, Dinner

Additional Information:
Priority Seating is recommended and can be made in person for this location on a limited basis. Priority Seating can also be arranged in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE, or (714) 781-3463.

delphinidae308
06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
My favorite at Blue Bayou was the pork chops until they changed the menu. Now it is the filet mignon. The potatoes that come with most of the entrees is delicious.

Marla
06-17-2009, 02:04 PM
The Blue Bayou is great. Everytime I eat there I try something different. And so far I have never been disappointed.
I have never had the pleasure of dining at the Napa Rose as my Hubby is not a wine fan. But, I have read the menu many times, and it looks delish. I plan to make a PS for the counter service on one of my solo trips.
The Hubby and I really enjoy the Jazz Kitchen in DTD. The food is great and the New Orleans atmosphere is fun.
If you are looking for a quiet quality dinner, I would suggest Steakhouse 55.
:tink:

DVC2004
06-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Love the Blue Bayou and I have the filet there! We also like the outdoor Uva Bar (part of Catal) in Downtown Disney for a casual drink and light food. It's fun to sit out there at night and listen to music and enjoy some good wine.

hauntedmansiongirl
06-21-2009, 04:43 AM
Thank you so much for all of your help and suggestions! You guys are the best!!:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
07-01-2009, 08:33 PM
The last two times I was at Blue Bayou I was terribly disappointed, we will not be back. However, we had a scrumptious meal at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen! The staff was superb and they treated us very well.

Storyteller's was fine, I did not care for Il Trattoria

Next time I will split my meals between Ralph Brennan's and Pacific Wharf cafe -- love those salads!

MegaDisney
07-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I love Carnation Cafe first thing in the moring when the park opens. Breakfast is very tasty and sitting watching the crowds head into the park, the Main Street Vehicles, and Music is the perfect spot to start your day at Disneyland.

Try the Croissant Benedict! :tasty:

willowpondarabians
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Is there a link to see the menu of the Blue Bayou? Thanks!

NotaGeek
08-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Is there a link to see the menu of the Blue Bayou? Thanks!
Not currently. We are working on the menus in the resort guide, but that has been a huge undertaking as Disney doesn't even keep a current online menu guide. Sorry!