PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me about the Opening Cermony at MK??

Gregandmel
06-16-2009, 05:19 PM
We went last October and the day we went to the MK, we had early ADR's for CP and was able to get into the park before it opened - which was our plan....wanted to experience walking down main street without a zillion other people pushing and crowding. We would like to do it again on our next trip, but wondered if we were really "missing out" by not being there for the opening?? What time would you get there (assuming no early EMH?).

Where is the opening ceremony at? I know at the other parks, you could get through the turnstile about 15 minutes prior to the actual park opening time to start "heading in".

Any info would be great. Thank you so much!!:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
06-16-2009, 05:56 PM
It's really cute. Mickey and all his friends come to the front of the park on the train. There's music, greetings, and crepe paper streamers. :mickey:

ransam
06-16-2009, 06:14 PM
walking down mainstreet w/o the crowds was aewsome... we did that last year when we had an early breakfast at the castle...It was so cool to just stroll down, no crowds, nothing. like having mainstreet to yourself...

deedeebee
06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
We usually eat early at the Crystal Palace and miss the opening ceremony, but we saw it last year and it was great. I would take the time to go see it.:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
06-16-2009, 10:27 PM
If your not doing early ADR's at Crustal Palace then go to the opening ceremony. Its really cute! Mickey and friends pull up on the train and get out a do a little show. At the end they have confetti shoot out.